difficult child going to foster care

Jody

difficult child is on her way to her new foster home. Caseworker called me and told me she talked to the States Attorney's office and that I will not have problems with them when I go to court for child abandonement next Tuesday. She said she explained that I have tried and tried and that we just need help seperated right now. She let me talk with difficult child for a moment and she really never thought that I would go thru with it and that she was in serious shock. The caseworker said this is a blessing in disguise for both of us and that life was going to be good when we get to live as a family again. The caseworker is very nice and I am so thankful that she was assigned difficult child's case. Police officers and social service agencies tell me she's the best. She has proven to live up to everything that they say about her. She is very kind to me and encouraging.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
HUgs, Jody. I know it's not easy but you know what? You're doing your level best for her. And I'm glad you found a SW that will help you!!!

klmno

I'm not familiar with your story and history with your difficult child but this sounds like it might be the best solution for both of you, at least for right now. Best wishes...

susiestar

Roll With It
It is about time you got someone compassionate after all the other people you have encountered at social services. She is right - this will end up being a blessing in disguise. difficult child will come to realize that she cannot expect people to want to be around her when she does everything she can to make them miserable. Your problems and hers go so far beyond that, but hopefully this will be the wakeup call she needs to make her want and work to change in a positive way. I know you love her and that this is hard for you. You are doing exactly what you need to do right now.

Rest easy knowing she is safe and cared for. Concentrate on taking care of yourself and getting well. (((hugs)))

Jody

Thank you all. i am thankful for this happening. It had to, I was really at an all time low and need to get my issues taken care of. Good News, my cousin is coming from Quincy to help me out, she paid for my car and is going to be able to help with the rest. I hated to ask her but didn't have much of a choice. She was very kind about it and said she wants to see me anyway. I really wish that I could live closer to her. She is a first rate cousing/person/friend. I have not had family in almost 28 years, and 1 1/2 years ago my cousin found me.

I think it will be a blessing in disguise too. My son is in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and I also think it will be better when/if he comes home, however long that takes, and that we will be a family again. It's so much easier to write, visit, send letters and just simply love him, when he is not here. Our family therapy is getting better gradually.

by the way don't waste time with any guilt -- you're doing the right thing and being a tiger mom. I had a lot of grief to go through -- a surprising amount, because I was so glad to get him out of the house, I thought it would be easy street but I had a lot of emotions to work on. It is getting better though -- remember you're not alone in taking a step like this, although at times it may seem surreal.

hugs hugs