difficult child GOOD ENERGY NOW! Till 4:45 central time

buddy

For the first time, I am letting difficult child go to our neighbors house (inside) to help make brownies. They are new in our complex and mom and I have talked. They have one in 7th and one in 6th and they are at the same school. ALL are difficult child's. Her oldest is an ASPIE who wasn't diagnosed till 10th grade and he is now in the military doing great (was misdiagnosed as bi-polar and the medications screwed him up big time till the right diagnosis was made he had a horrible time of it). Please God let this go ok. These are the kids that got hurt by my difficult child when the big group game got out of hand. settle down heart.... told him to come and check in with me at 445

Please send pos. energy his way....smile

keista

Positive energy going out. Try to remember to take a breath every once in a while. I find myself actually holding my breath in these kinds of situations.

buddy

OK, he checked in early with difficult child-friend! I asked how they did (and where is my brownie???) and he laughed. my difficult child said they are playing in his bedroom and he made it very clear he is not doing anything wrong and not using bad words and not getting too excited and using nice words and and and and and...please can I play more...Ok but check in in 30 minutes...yes, breathe

T

TeDo

Pretzeling, praying, and rattling it continues. I am glad the mom and kids didn't hold what happened against him. **BIG smile**

susiestar

Roll With It
How daughter it go? It is AWESOME that you have a mom of difficult children who lives in the complex. This could be AWESOME support for both mom, and for the boys and dad too.

Now I won't be so nice. Maybe even selfish on your part. I would wait to tell her about this forum. We post about a lot of situations that are emotionally charged. It is OUR safe place (you are part of OUR, of course) and even with-o using names it would be hard for her to NOT figure out who you were from your posts. You and difficult child have a right to privacy and you have a right to a place to vent with-o someone maybe spreading what you say/think around.

I don't want you to have to censor yourself because you shared the forum and then this neighbor starts talkng about what you posted because she read it here. It is one thing if she finds it on her own. I just don't want her to make you feel less able to speak freely here, or to wonder what/if she might be sharing iwth others that you posted here and didn't intend school or anyone else to know at the time.

I hope you don't take this as me being mean or not wanting to share. I just have had gfgbro come here a couple of times and then twist anything I said to upset our parents and even to change things and tell people at school (his daughter went to the same school as thank you for elementary) so that they thought we were upset with us or lying about them. You don't need those types of complications.

I think it is AMAZING that difficult child went to make brownies and play and that the family "gets" the difficult child issues. I am sorry her son had so many problems before he got the right diagnosis. It sounds like he is doing very well in the military.

L

Liahona

Did it go well? If yours can have friends then there is hope for mine, too! I really hope all went well.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oooooh, now I'm dying to know how it went!

I hope it went well.

Holidays around here were always interesting because once Katie returned it put 3 autistic males in the house at once. :imok: Although they did pretty well......it was always a relief to see Alex go home. I'm used to handling adults now, forgot how much work it is when they're kids. lol