difficult child got a job!

Nancy

difficult child called me this evening to say she got a job as a server at one of the chain restaurants. She starts Sunday. We are meeting tomorrow to turn her community service papers in and get her some black work pants. We are so relieved.

Keep fingers crossed that this job works out.

Mattsmom277

Fingers crossed that she enjoys it, or at the least even if she hates it, that she stays composed, turns up and does the job, and has the pay check to focus on as the reward for toughing it out.

Calamity Jane

Good going, difficult child! Fingers and body parts crossed for her to continue doing well and to improve even further. Glad you're relieved!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Great news. Sending much hope for her success. (do you think she can send some job skills my difficult child's way?)LOL

Nancy

Oh Fran you don't want her to send anything your difficult child's way. Her job skills stink. She had four different job last year and this year she's on her second so I would say it will be a record breaking year. Her tax forms are fun to fill out with all the different cities she's lived and worked in and each one wanting their share. She just got another letter from one of them that she owes $20 from last years taxes that my husband thought he did correct. He wrote letters to each city explaining the problem and telling them if he has figured it wrong just let her know because it was too complicated to know for sure. Obviously he didn't get it right.

exhausted

Nancy, Im glad she has work. Hope she can hang on. difficult child seems to learn very small lessons
with each job. Not enough to keep her steady or to turn over a new leaf....just enough that she adjust a bit.
Still waiting to hear from the FA lady about this place that teaches life skills. It free and apparently
Out there for kids like ours

Ephchap

Wooohoooo! Congrats to difficult child and to you! Crossing body parts that she makes the most of this opportunity.

Hugs,
Deb

DDD

Boy ya' really have to give that girl credit because she keeps finding opportunities. Fingers crossed that she can capitalize on her perseverance and start feeling good about herself. Hugs DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy, I thought I had responded to this thread. I guess I was thinking of my email. Anyway, your difficult child always amazes me when she finds jobs so easily. She must present well. I have my fingers crossed that this one sticks.

~Kathy

lovemysons

Always rooting for your difficult child Nancy!

She certainly does "get right back up again" doesn't she? You guys must have impressed upon her the idea of never giving up...to keep trying. Good job.

LMS