difficult child got another job....

P

PatriotsGirl

One of my old friends has been promoted to General Manger for her uncle's landscaping company. husband actually worked for them years ago.

She has had a difficult child past, was in the military and her uncle took a chance on her with landscaping and she has really worked her way up. She posted on Facebook that she was hiring. All I did was give difficult child that tidbit of information and difficult child ran with it, called and left her a message. Well, difficult child just called me absolutely thrilled!!! My friend just called her and told her they were going to give her a chance...I am sure she is doing this as a girl power, I am going to help change your life, kind of thing but that works!! :) What is especially nice about this is that she knows ALL about difficult child's past. No surprises there and she is hiring her anyway. That is pretty cool.

husband warned her that she will need to work her butt off, but that she can make some real money and make something of herself working there. I told her this was an even bigger opportunity than Captain D's was!

I pray she does not screw this up!!

DDD

Fingers crossed. It sounds like she is psyched up and eager to go. I'm hoping she can maintain the optimism. Hugs DDD

Nancy

What a great friend to give her this chance. I hope that difficult child makes the most of this opportunity because it truly is a gift.

Nancy

S

Signorina

Fingers crossed!!! My difficult child works landscaping in the summers - has done so for the past 3 years. One of the only things that's right in his life right now. I hope it has the same effect on your daughter!

P

PatriotsGirl

Oh this could get very interesting indeed. My friend just called me and we chatted. She honestly feels that this was all meant to be. She feels she is meant to help change difficult child's life. We chatted about all sorts of things, including the older boyfriend. She asked if I would be upset if she ended up swaying her away from the boyfriend. (From the way she was talking, could even turn out to be a room mate situation...which would be great!!) I just want difficult child to make a life for herself and be happy...

You know, it is really funny. When I told difficult child that my friend was hiring, I had a premonition that she was going to give difficult child a chance and that difficult child was going to end up doing really well under my friend's wing...I really hope that comes true.

Nancy

Wow PG, she could be the mentor your difficult child needs. It's not uncommon for those who have struggled as serious difficult child's in life and have straightened out their lives to want to help another difficult child in life. I hope this relationship is what difficult child needs.

Did you tell her to go ahead and sway her away from boyfriend all she wants?

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, PG. That is awesome. This could be the catalyst for real change. I will be keeping a good thought for your difficult child and this wonderful opportunity!

~Kathy