difficult child got health coveregae

Nancy

I haven't spoken to difficult child in ten days since I found out she told someone she drinks responsibly. But she just called me to tell me that she got her health care card today at work so she is now covered with health/dental insurance.

I am so relieved but of course she has to keep her job now and if she is drinking that won't last long.

Nancy

DDD

That is huge, Nancy. Now you don't have to be concerned that her health needs won't be met. Had she noticed your ten day silence? DDD

Nancy

Yes I believe she has DDD. She called husband yesterday about something she normally would have called me about. I don't really know what to do because if I talk to her it will look like I condone her drinking and I want her to know that if she is we won't support that.

Nancy

S

Signorina

She is taking steps forward and I really hope she isn't drinking. But all and all - the fact that she is respecting your "silence" yet called to tell you about the health insurance seems to be a mature sign. I am so hoping this is just a tiny bump in the road. {{{hugss}}}

Kathy813

Staff member
That is wonderful news, Nancy. So many people and especially difficult child's don't have health insurance.

exhausted

Thats great that she has coverage now and she has kept her job this long. I bet she wanted you to be proud of her and hoped you would "forget" what you found out about her drinking. I would stick to my guns and hope she makes ammends. At this point she knows that you do not trust her and nothing she says can be trusted. She will just have to continue to "show" you through her actions that she is making progress and is sober.