difficult child had court this morning

mstang67chic

Going Green
And the kid is unbelievable. :slap:

Court went fine....and very fast. The charge was a Class A Battery with injury (pain). He was ROR'd, has another court date next month and is to contact a lady at the prosecutor's office. When I picked him up at the jail, he walked out looking very contrite and humble and saying that he screwed up. In the car....he said that it was the other kid's fault because he hit first. First time I had heard THAT part of the story plus the fact that the other kid IS a kid and difficult child is an ADULT! difficult child got mad when I pointed that out and asked if he was just supposed to stand there and take the hit. Um...YES!!! Idjit.

He's been home a half hour and I"m already done with his attitude.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you want to put him on a train I suggest ......buying in ADVANCE. That way you can put the kid AND the attitude on for one LOW fare.

Hugs.....and savings. :tongue: (can you scream into a paper towel tube?) It's got a wickit cool sound) lol

mstang67chic

Going Green
Upside to all of this though.....he apparently didn't think all that highly of jail. :rofl: I haven't heard details yet though. But...he supposedly applied at quite a few places today. On his own and on foot. :surprise: He told me he would have stayed out longer to go to more places but the wind really kicked up and he didn't have his hat and gloves. THAT story I buy because he was on the other side of town and it IS getting worse.

He also asked me today if I had told some specific friends of ours because he didn't want them to know. I haven't told him that his arrest was in the paper under the police blotter section.

KTMom91

Gotta love those small town newspapers! Ours went under last year. I loved reading the police blotter section...

rejectedmom

Our paper does that too. I really wish they wouldn't. Situations like the ones our difficult child's get into are hard on the innocent family members. It is difficult enough dealing with the situation without the nosey neighbors clucking. By the way what type of charge is Class A battery? Misdemenor? -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maybe he didn't like jail so much he won't want to go back.............

He reminds me of my brothers at the same age. They just couldn't seem to get that they could no longer get away with the **** they pulled as kids. sheesh!

DammitJanet

I dont even know if Cory was in the blotter...lol. Never looked. He was when he was robbed but they got it all wrong. His age was wrong and just about everything else too.

About his charge. If its a misdemeanor, let him get the court appointed lawyer if he wants and he will most likely get a suspended sentence of 60 days or so, probation of a year, ordered to complete that HS diploma hopefully, work, and pay court fines and costs.