difficult child had his day made

Wiped Out

Staff member
yesterday. husband told me that difficult child told him that at school when he was talking down the hall, two girls saw him and said hello. After he passed them he heard one girl say to the other, "Isn't he cute?" Apparently he was very happy when he told husband this.

husband said and I agree that difficult child needed to hear this since easy child is constantly on his case saying he is fat and ugly. It's nice that difficult child heard this, now as long as he doesn't want a girlfriend! I'm not ready for that!

Janna

Aww, haha how cute! That's good, what a self esteem booster! Hope it doesn't develop into "true love", LOL!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello Everyone--

You know, that sort of compliment doesn't just make a difficult child's day....I would LOVE to hear somebody whisper that they thought I was cute! Everyone likes to feel noticed and attractive once in a while....

So, good for him! Hope he hears a LOT more of that sort of thing!

(Don't we all....?)

--DaisyF

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! I am glad he heard the comment-it's good for him and put him in a positive frame of mind! I heard husband joking with him imagine what would happen if you showered and brushed your teeth more often! Of course, difficult child answered that he was already cute so he didn't need to!:slap:

Andy

In true difficult child style - Why change when you are already the greatest? Good enough is good enough. Yep, sounds like something my difficult child would do, get a compliment and take it that he does not have to brush up on personal hygene skills. They certainly have an interesting way on viewing life don't they?

:rofl:

klmno

That is sweet!! I found that my difficult child did start caring a little more about how he looked and acted after he noticed that girls noticed him. In some ways it has been an asset- of course, it also meant that he didn't need his mother's advice for anything anymore. LOL!

I still sneak in some comments sometimes, though, like "wow- she really seemed to like you, and the more mature you act, the more girls there will be liking you".

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I heard husband joking with him imagine what would happen if you showered and brushed your teeth more often! Of course, difficult child answered that he was already cute so he didn't need to!:slap:

OMG -- that's just the type of thing I'd hear from difficult child 1! And let me tell you, this kid has some kind of aversion to soap and shampoo... yeesh! :sick:

I am SO looking forward to the day that girls are squarely in his radar so he figures out that it's NOT okay to smell like a gym locker!