difficult child has me on. the. edge. VENTVENTVENT...LONG

DazedandConfused

Oh geez! Stealing.

I posted a few months ago my LOVELY experiences with Son and stealing out of my purse (he came up with 5 or 6 stories about how he came to posses 50 bucks). Then, I took it from him until I could figure out what was going on, he physically attacked me because I took "his money" which resulting in me having to call the police. He even held steady to his lies in front of the police.

"Oh, you're going to 5150 me? Yeah, whatever!" :biting:

It took me a week to figure out the whole thing and I even involved the school to get to the bottom of it because Son told so many lies about how he came to have the money (a friend, found it on the ground, earned it washing cars, blah, blah, blah).

Then, right after that, secretly charging a few PPVs and then telling me to my face, "You better not buy me something CHEAP for my birthday!"

(I didn't by the way because I got him NOTHING)

Lately, though, he's been pretty good. But, I keep my purse hidden.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I tell you...I need a second kitchen. Or at the very least....a second refrigerator that I can LOCK. I got a pie yesterday....a big one. One of those Marie Callendar Dutch Apple pies. I had ONE piece last night, husband had ONE piece last night.

The rest of it as of today?

GONE.

difficult child ate 3/4 of a pie today. I'm ready to spit nails.

KTMom91

What about getting one of those mini fridges? You can put the good stuff in there, and it should be easier to lock than a full sized one.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
'Stang, I agree with Sue ~ many of our difficult children just simply don't understand the concept of personal/property boundaries.

kt has been stealing of late & it drives me crazy. I have a key to my bedroom & if she comes home I will be using that key. She will be deeply "hurt & offended" & won't understand. None of this is her fault.

All I can offer you is my deep empathy & maybe a gin blossom or two. ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband and I have considered buying a dorm size frig. The problem though is that we have sooooooo much stuff literally piled up in our room to keep from difficult child...we have no place for it.

Linda....oh I'm SO there! LOL Thanks! A word of advice too about your bedroom door. We started with a key locking doorknob but a determined difficult child can easily break it. As much as we hated to do it...we graduated to a deadbolt.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'd go for a dorm fridge AND a $50 wash machine from the local classifieds. All for difficult child. And when its burned up, he can do laundry elsewhere, or buy his own.

easy child 1 did laundry like that and I made him pay part of the repair bill for the wash machine and had the service tech explain why it fried.

WSM

It's a hellish way to live.

What's up with the cutting things up and destroying your own things, even the stuff of yours you like? My difficult child does that too, what do you suppose that's all about?

And the stealing.

mstang67chic

Going Green
WSM....I don't know and I wish I did. I'm sure I would be rich if I could figure that out. I know in our case, difficult child is very creative. Some of what he "creates" is rather......um......stupid, but it's still a creation. I don't know...maybe it's his creative nature combined with his lack of respect for other's things and his impulsiveness. Who knows. What I do know is that I'm tired of it. And God help me, but there are days, especially lately, where I want him to do something "big" so I can have an excuse everyone would understand, to boot him out. Then other days, I feel guilty for it but I'm just....tired.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wish I had the answer, too. We took away all razors, scissors, etc - she pried a NAIL out of the baseboard. Started digging at the WALL.

She's ripped almost all her t-shirts, so now she won't have school clothes... LOL... Should be interesting to see what she wears.

WSM

Our difficult child disappears his shoes an sandals and footwear. Either both disappear or just one of the pair. He's spent a lot of his life wearing two different nonmatching shoes. That sort of stopped when his military school gave him flipflops and made him run 2 miles. He's done it once or twice since, but it's really has all but stopped.

He also disappeared his school uniforms, and then he cut and slashed them. Then he had to sew them and did a crappy job, one stitch per inch and it would bunch and tear. Finally he disappeared them and the military school gave up.

He didn't disappear anything at his recent boot camp.

He will also shred all his nicer clothes, but not regular t shirts and jeans shorts. Never socks or underwear. Jackets all disappear, rain coats, bathing suits, hats but never pjs. Go figure.

He will ask for things for Xmas and birthday, then leave them in boxes and one day they'll be gone...and he will have no idea what happened to them.

Or he will just destroy it, just rip a book to pieces or break off the parts of a toy...and he will have no idea how it got that way.