difficult child highlighted my hair . . .

Kathy813

Staff member
and it looks fantastic!! As you may remember, difficult child recently completed a program in hair design but I haven't let her touch my hair. I was afraid it would end up purple because she spent most of her teenage years grounded.

Well, husband is still not working and my regular hairstylist charges $150 for highlights so I decided to bite the bullet and let difficult child do it. Honestly, it looks as good if not better than my salon highlights. She was so proud of herself!!

She even had me use some Redken products that she had that are specifically made for treated blonde hair which made my hair is so smooth that it shines when the light hits it.

OMG, she actually knows what she is doing!:faint:

Now as for cutting my hair, even difficult child admits that she is better at color than cuts so I think I'll keep going to my hairdresser until she gets more experience.

difficult child passed her state boards last month and finally got her license in the mail on Friday. She has interview tomorrow with an upscale day salon.

Please keep your fingers crossed and send some board juju for her!

~Kathy

witzend

Cool! You will be a walking advertisement for her! It will be really nice for you when someone tells you how nice your hair looks, and you can say "Thank you! difficult child did it for me!"

katya02

Solace
Wow! That's so nice to hear! So glad your difficult child is doing well after her training. Sending lots of positive thoughts for her interview.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending good juju and holding good thoughts......crossing body parts too.

So coooool!!! :D :D

I let my neice do my hair when she was still in school.........uh, she didn't do bad....just the perm didn't last very long. I have weird hair that way. Not really her fault. She was so proud she got it right. lol She's doing well these days.

She'll be more confident with more practice.

Hugs

N

Nomad

:D Wow...

This is GREAT!!!

I'm happy for you guys...a teeny tiny jealous...but thrilled for you guys.

Awesome! :D

Nancy

Gotta love those perks. Honestly I am secretly hoping my difficult child goes into that field so I can get my hair done for discount too.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Nancy ~ Forget about a discount . . . I want it for free! I told her that she owes me $17,000 worth of haircuts and highlights before we are even (that is how much we paid for her tuition).

It took courage to let difficult child near my hair with bleach! easy child told me I was crazy.

:rofl:

~Kathy

Last edited:

Kathy813

Staff member
Lisa,

Being a math teacher . . . I figured out that if I got a haircut every 6 weeks I would get 8.7 haircuts a year. Multiply that by $50 and you come up with approximately $433 a year for haircuts. Multiply that by 40 years (God willing) and you get $17,330.

Yup, I figure she owes me 40 years of free haircuts. :hairy:She can throw in the highlights out of daughterly devotion.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
$17,000 worth of haircuts........

Someone better get clippin'! lol

I bet you look sexy as all get out!!!!! ;)

Still laughing ......and just thinking I bet Dude is soooo glad I"m not a math teacher....being a bookkeeper is bad enough...lol. :anxious:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wonderful news. She did good. She found something she liked and stuck with it. I think the fact she finished something and is pursuing work is such a wonderful achievement. She could have gone to school and dropped out or changed her mind as many of our difficult child's do.
Once she starts to earn her own money, you are nearly done with your job as a mom of a difficult child. It will be on her to find her own personal greatness whatever that is.
What a great success story for you and your daughter. I love to see difficult child's working. :bigsmile: