difficult child hits the nail on the head.....

klmno

I don't want to get political so I won't mention names (as if I could spell it anyway), but there's a certain politician in the news the past few weeks with a very different hair style. I couldn't help myself from staring when they showed him on tv.

Then, in my son's unique difficult child way, he said it finally occurred to him who that man reminded him of....

Thing 1 from Cat in the Hat.

LOL!!

F

flutterbee

That is too funny.

I can't watch Conan - the guy that's going to take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. I don't hear a word he's saying because all I can focus on is his hair.

klmno

LOL! I'm always staring at this "governor" trying to figure out if it's just his haircut or if his hair grows differently than everyone else's. But now since difficult child made that comment, I'll visualize Thing 1 everytime I see his picture.

Another he made tonight while I was driving to get him a game....."why do people drive slower the older they get- they have less time to live, wouldn't they want to drive faster"?

And last week- "medications are like duct tape, they hold things together a little but they don't fix everything".

Yes, that's my Dr Jekyl, Mr Hyde, and Little Boy Blue all rolled into one....

Andy

What a great insight on life your difficult child has. I also see a future in t-shirt sayings for him.

Gotta ask him why all the young folks are in such a hurry since they have a long time to live.

klmno

I'm just glad he finally realized that it's true!!

He's done very well since Thursday. (Yes, I AM excited over 2 days of improvement! LOL!) No meltdown, no rage, no aggression. Even when I wouldn't let him get a game he wanted yesterday with b-day money sent from his grandmother. I was cranky about it, too. He handled it VERY well. So I took him this evening (Fri) to let him take more time and pick out a different one. Maybe this tegretol is kicking in???? Although, he still hasn't gone back to school.

Pleeeeaaasee - no board jinx.

Last edited:

donna723

About that "certain politician" in the news lately, the one that may or may not soon be a "former" politician", check this out ...

I've seen these little dolls around forever, but I never knew they were called "Monchichi's". A girl on another board I go on pointed out the amazing resemblance ... I think she's got it! Now we've just got to find one that looks like Donald Trump, and we will have covered the majority of the funny hairstyles that we see in the news!

M

ML

OHMY how funny! I will think of thing 1 now as well, as a matter of fact I still have the book I will have to pull it out.

Tell my board nephew, that coming from one of the older folks, we are *not* in a hurry to reach or destination because we've learned to enjoy the journey more :)

Love you,

ML

klmno

LOL! Good one, ML!!

I like that, Donna! And yes- Ole' Donald has his own character, too, doesn't he?

Yep- that's the politician we're referring to!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't know who you are talking about. :9-07tears: Someone PM me and tell me, pleaaaaaaaase.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
someone better PM me too because I know who the monkey is, I know who thing I is.....but who is the political person?