difficult child Husbands and HELLOOOOOO What Are You THINKING????

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can't believe it. Well, actually I can, but I'm just still amazed at husband.

He just called to ask permission to take difficult child 1 (who just turned 14) to see the movie Death Race. It's rated R! He's asked me before and I flat out said NO, NO way, and no way in HE!!. I guess he thought I wasn't serious. He asked for my reasons why. So I told him I'd look up the trailer online and call him back.

The answer was still a resounding NO. It is EXTREMELY violent, EXTREMELY graphic, and has foul language and sexual inuendo. I'm sorry, but husband is going to have to find a different playmate to go see this with him.

WHY are guys in such a hurry for their boys to grow up???

susiestar

Roll With It
um..... because they don't play well in the sandbox with others? I don't really have an idea as to the answer to this question.

But at least he asked you BEFORE he took him? Maybe?

hexemaus2

Old hand
DHs aren't in a hurry for their boys to grow up...that would imply that guys do actually grow up at some point. ;)

I firmly believe the old saying that the only difference between men and boys is the length of their pants and the price of their toys. lol.

My father is the perfect example. My kids have 1 rule when it comes to Grandpa...you do NOTHING he tells you to because he will only get you in trouble (not to mention leave you holding the bag to take all the blame. lol.) At 65, he still slides down the banisters at hotels with grand staircases. He was asked to leave the hospital when my sister was in high school & had a severe case of mono. (He was organizing wheel chair races between the patients & visitors out in the hallway.) When going out to eat at restaurants, he likes to get the table next to us to play table football with him (he folds napkins into footballs.) You name it? If there is mischief to be had? My father's the first in line.

No...definitely don't think it's an issue of men wanting their boys to grow up quicker. No. I think it's the men just look forward to having playmates. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OMG! BBK are you kidding?!!!!

Okay, I WILL give him points for asking first (and actually sticking to my decision) :D

The pre-medication husband would likely have taken the kid to the show first and asked permission later. So yeah, it's not so bad now.