difficult child I in rare form today

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Ugh Happy Easter all...........

difficult child I, my 16 y/o, got up and went to church with us today, I was shocked that he did this without a fight, he even stayed awake through the sermon.

But once we got home, he decided to be a world class Pipp. He kept threatening difficult child II that he was going to break the new Wii game (smash brothers). When I intervened, I was called a bunch of disrespectful names. I reacted by confiscating his beloved walkman. resulting in more mouth, and then when, I went to take his beloved hat, I was shoved and hit. Sorry all, I am anti child abuse, really I am, but when my 16 y/o son, who is taller then I am, hits me, he's getting more then a time out. Needless to say. I got the hat, my extra weight comes in handy for somethings, like sitting on my bratty 16 y/o. I was so livid that it got to this place, I threatened to have the DYFS worker remove him from the house, although at that time I was quite serious. He quickly became remorseful (it took about an hour), much to my surprise, he's been known to hold a grudge for days, but he also had plans 2night, so I am sure that had something to do with it.

difficult child II was actually very well behaved, a bit hyper due to sugar overload, but other wise, he was great. Who would of though the other one would make the day pure h - e - double carrot sticks???

Ugh I am so tired of riding this roller coaster, can I get off now? Please???:please:

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm sorry you are having an awful time. The rollercoaster ride is the pits. I've been riding it for quite some time and I think I've just decided that it's going to be my life. I can only hope for less serious g-force mechanic one or one that has less loop d loops! LOL One thing I have learned over the years is that if I can ( and it's very hard sometimes in the heat of the moment) is not react but issue consequences after the fact. This way it does not trigger a red hot reaction to escalate (or sometimes an "I don't care attitude too"). My 16 year pushes hard too with her disrespectful mouth at times.