difficult child is 19 today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
A very disgruntled difficult child went off to school this morning...said it wasn't fair that she had to work on her birthday. lol.

We hugged this morning, it lasted forever. I closed my eyes and remembered her birth-day and her babyhood. Yes, of course, I cried. My tiniest baby is 19 now. I wish I could say it was so easy that it seems like it went by in the blink of an eye - hahaha. I can only say such things here.

We're having her favorite tex-mex tacos for dinner and easy child made her a 'fancy' cake for after. I took her shopping at Kohl's yesterday for clothes as her gift. It's the only store card I have and since money is so tight, we have to be practical. She's happy.

trinityroyal

:hapBday::hapBday::hapBday:
Happy Birthday difficult child! And Happy Birthday Jo.

Hope difficult child and the rest of the family enjoy her special dinner and cake!

susiestar

Roll With It
Happy Birthday to difficult child. May this next year be full of the best of times and lots of success. Hugs and Kisses!

To Mom: YOU deserve a present too - Didn't YOU do all the hard work 19 years ago? Hugs and Kisses to you, too!

Star*

call 911........call 911
AWWW Jo - you post made me tear up. Just to think of you standing there in a forever hug with memories.....

I'm happy for you dear - you survived. Now go and get yourself a nice ring or bobble to commemorate this event.

My Mother bought me a beautiful ring when difficult child turned 18 and I said "What is this for?" and she said "YOU SURVIVED" ....lol. I wear it proudly and it really is a nice reminder and other women like the idea - so I'm passing it on.

Hugs
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy Birthday difficult child! Hope the rest of her day is happy, even if she was grumpy at first :)

Star, I LIKE the ring idea! Lessee... I've got four years to drop hints ;)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I think it was a nice day for her (even school!). Her old best friend came by to wish her a happy day and my sister stopped by also...easy child's cake was amazing and difficult child was 'yumming' all through her favorite dinner. Haha.

difficult child said to me, "I am glad that this was a low key birthday this year. I am ready for low key"...don't want to junx anything, but doesn't that sound good?? lol. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

ps: At dinner H told the story of difficult child's birth - he loves telling the story of that night. I went into labor after an unsuccessful try at turning difficult child (she was breach)on Thursday October 12th late (I remember praying that my baby would born before midnight). The night was crystal clear and crisp, with a low huge full moon. Suddenly, around half past midnight, a wild whistling wind blew in and dogs could be heard howling in the distance...and then difficult child was born. It was Friday the 13th, on a full moon and difficult child was born with a 6th finger on her right hand...all very spooky, but somehow all Friday the 13th's are our lucky day! While H told the story, easy child's boyfriend's eyes were as big as saucers - pretty funny.