difficult child is in the hospital

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I haven't been on in a few days so I am trying to catch up.
I am so impressed by your strength and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Stability will be in my thoughts as well

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, sorry to be so late..... keeping positive thoughts that things will improve with this hospitalization. Take this break & use it to reconnect with husband & easy child.

smallworld

Sharon, I hope this hospitalization leads to more stability for difficult child. Take care of yourself, husband and easy child.

Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WO,

I think it's a good sign that difficult child is handling this in a mature way. Accepting the help is and accepting the fact that he is admitting he needs help are all part of moving in the right direction for him. Nothing about this move is easy for anyone, but take this time to regroup your senses and take full advantage of the peace and quiet. Learn what you can while he's doing his part so that when he does come home you and husband are better prepared to handle him on a different level. Get family therapy and talk it out as roll playing, scenarios, what-if's - and really put your therapist through the test. That way you'll have tools to work with and be prepared as if you've been through a well-rehearsed play and know exactly what to do when difficult child returns home AND while he's in the hospital. you have to understand he's going to be learning things too - skills on how to cope with feelings, anger management and it will further help him if you and husband have additional skills to help him. It's win/win. Learning how to parent these kids is never ending because they don't ever stop throwing us curve balls. They constantly change the game and it makes it really hard to level the playing field and stay one step ahead. I think we, as parents do a better job by keeping refreshed and open minded - to do this we need all the professional help we can get. Plus it never hurts to get an objective opinion and someone that can look at our situation and say - "You know - the kid may be right sometimes."

I'll keep difficult child in my prayers a little more than usual, but I've got a good feeling about him. Oh and the Wendys thing? Yeah - well Mom - he had to eat so it really wasn't a bribe. Now offering to take him to Wendy's then to the Mall, THEN to the dog pound, then to the movies, THEN to the psychiatric hospital? Notso much. ;) -

Hugs & Love
You're going to be okay - and when you're not? We're here. (all ears like Mickey Mouse)
Star