difficult child is on a Caribbean Cruise

Nancy

with her cousin and family. She left Saturday for Florida and boarded the boat on Sunday. I got an IM from her on Monday and I asked her if she missed me and she said "You have no idea Mom, I wish you came, Aunt Colleen won't let us do anything, you are much nicer." She also said Aunt Colleen would only let her get one pop a day ROFL. I saved that IM and will frame it for her or at least keep it to read when I'm feeling unappreciated or when she complains about my rules.

They were in Labadee yesterday and are in Ocho Rios today, climbing a water fall and tubing in a rainforest. They are going to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel. Gosh I am jealous.

Nancy

slsh

member since 1999
Nancy,

What a long way difficult child has come. I'm really quite awed. And I'm so pleased that she is able to take advantage of these opportunities now! Love that you're "nicer" - did you ever think you'd hear those words??? LOL.

Great job, Mom. It's been a heck of a road for you guys. Enjoy the peace and quiet. :smile:

K

Kjs

How cool are you! Don't know if I could do that. What an experience for someone so young! Hope you both enjoy your vacation!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nancy, did you ever think the day would come that she could have this opportunity? It's a big step forward. :whew: Sounds like she is on the right road and is staying there.
Being the bad guy is my specialty. Sounds like difficult child thinks it's yours too but now appreciates you.

Alisonlg

Now THAT is a great story! I long for the days when family would feel comfortable taking M on a long trip without husband or I. It's a true testament of how far you have come!

Great job, mom!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Nancy - I'm so loving this! :bravo: You've gone the full gamut with difficult child & it seems that you're both coming out the other end with hugely positive results.

That's so funny that you're the "nice" one. :rofl:

Way To Go, :warrior:

If I need lessons in the near future, I'll be calling you. :smile:

busywend

Did you ever think you could trust her on this type of trip? This is so wonderful! I am happy for you both. For sure save that note!

Nancy

You're right, I never thought we would be able to trust her enough to let her go on such an outing.

I got am IM from her this afternoon while I was out telling me she has a Jamaican boyfriend. I sent her an email telling her what she finds in Jamaica stays in Jamaica.

Nancy

On_Call

I sent her an email telling her what she finds in Jamaica stays in Jamaica.

Nancy, too funny!!! :rofl:

Glad difficult child is doing so well - and enjoying the trip of a lifetime!

I'm a bit jealous, too, but smiling at your post! :bravo:

Enjoy your break, too.

Fran

Former desparate mom
:rofl: She just has to give you a little "jab" about a boyfriend from Jamaica. She doesn't want you to be too comfortable.