difficult child is so so excited!

Jena

So, I told difficult child this morning we're moving into the house in 3 weeks! I took easy child to her new job at the bagel store down the block, got difficult child a bagel wished easy child luck! So, I said i want to show you something.

I drove up to the house it's on a hill and difficult child said that's such a pretty house. I said baby girl we are going to be moving into that house in 3 weeks. I can't even tell you how excited she was. She was literally beaming.

She said your kidding me? I think she couldn't breath lol it was so funny. She said a real house, with a back yard that I can get a blow up pool (yea she's going to be ten) she wont' even fit in one. lol I said yes ofcourse and a trampoline?? i said yes.

Well, needless to say boyfriend and I decided last night there was no way of not telling her she's going to see the boxes by next week because i have 3 weeks to pack us up.

So, just wanted to share that, the good stuff for a change :)

K

Kjs

awww, a kodak moment. Did you happen to catch the glow on camera?

How wonderful. I am so happy for you.

katya02

Solace
Congrats on your upcoming move! Sounds exciting. It's SO nice to see our kids happy and looking forward to things, isn't it? You must be excited too. All the best. :)

Jena

It was great to see her happy, yet i'm trying to help her breath through it, it's sensory overload for her lol. I just hope she sleeps this mos. :)

Andy

These next three weeks are going to zoom by! How exciting. difficult child can use the pool in so many ways. Get her some of those water toys structures that you can pour water in the top and it makes the buckets go around and tip out the water on the bottom. Also, remote boats, etc.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Wow! Congratulations!!

Just be prepared for some last-minute shenagins...moving is a big stress (even if everyone is happy and looking forward to it).

Good luck with the move!!

--DaisyF

M

ML

I am absolutely thrilled for you guys. I'm so happy difficult child was excited. Hugs, ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You might get that Tryptophan now! LOL
When we did the BIG move 6 months ago, I tried to let the girls help as much as possible. I even had little shoe boxes for their dolls stuff so they could pack it up! They labeled the boxes, dolls and the big ones.
I let them help me put the tape on.
I am in the same boat with our trip to visit the new Grandparents down in Mexico. They found out about it right before Christmas.
We are down to 14 days to go. It is all we hear about!

If it gets real bad you can always maybe get a PRN for her, for the Anxiety? We are revisiting with Lorazapam. For the trip. We are trying to teach her how to ask for it when she starts feeling anxious.

I am so excited for you guys!!! Our rental contract is ending this summer... ugh. I think he will let us stay. We just can't afford to buy yet.

TerryJ2

Great!!!!! That's so neat!

by the way, get a trampoline with-sides on it. My husband sees kids all yr with-serious injuries from open trampolines.

Jena

hi guys thanks!! Yes difficult child was umm up at 4:30 a.m. today that was before I told her about the house lol. we shall see. i'm good with moving i've done it way too many times before. so i'll start with boxes by next week and start the packing. easy child is ruining my day right now because she wants her own room. she said difficult child drives her insane and she can't take it anymore, i said we have 5 kids 2 nights a week we need a place for everyone to sleep. shes truly melting down.

i text boyfriend with it to see what he would say. he's generally much better at getting teenagers than i am.

lizzie09

lizzie
I'm delighted all seems to be going well for you.
Enjoy your new home and all the excitement. You have had a hard time lately but have come through the other end.

susiestar

Roll With It
How Wonderful!!!! Isn't it great to be able to share moments like these with our kids and with each other? I can just imagine the smile on her face.

You can probably give her 1 box at a time and have her fill it. Probably best to work on some together in her room before you let her have 1 to fill all alone. But she is certainly old enough to help with packing, at least in her room.

another chore she can do with moving is to help with packing up the movies you own on VHS and DVD. I had wiz make a list of every movie that went into the box. When we moved it was a LOT easier to go down the list (he had to type it on the computer - his handwriting is horrible!) to see where 101 Dalmations, or whatever we were looking for was. As we couldn't unpack all our videos at first because my parents only had limited room for our movies, this was a great strategy. It also kept Wiz VERY busy.

Good luck!

Hugs,

Susie