difficult child just left for the gas station around the corner with money in his pocket

mstang67chic

Going Green
Care to place bets on how much of the $20 he'll have when he comes home? :rofl:

husband just hollered out the door after him to grab a gallon of milk too (since difficult child goes through it like you wouldn't believe). We'll see if that happens.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I had something similar go down on Monday. We were at a Subway and difficult child 2 didn't want that for lunch and asked if he could go to the Japanese place next door. I gave him a $20 and said I expected change back. I guess I should have specified... he gave me $7 and a few coins. :grrr:

DammitJanet

LOL Stang...I was gonna say the same thing!

It used to be if Cory ever got money I never saw change. Now...not so bad.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm actually impressed (assuming he told the truth.) He says he only bought a bag of cashews and a pop. HOWEVER....he left not long after to go spend a night or two at a friend's house. There will be NO money left after that! LOL And he didn't buy that milk either.

KTMom91

I started getting my change back when I took it out of Miss KT's budgeted amount for the next week. She took a major hit, with barely enough gas money...boo hoo.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I only usually got the change back because I knew the exactly cost of what I sent them after. lol Plus, if they brought it all back they usually got at least the coin change for their banks.

Just a few times I can remember not getting it.......and it was always with Travis. Most especially for some fast food restaurant.....he'd take any left over money as a sign he could order more food. sigh

mstang67chic

Going Green
Nope! And just to clarify.....this was difficult child's OWN money. AND when he came back from his friend's house.....he had NONE left.