difficult child just left

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
for camp! I can hardly believe it!!! We heard about this camp through a friend who fosters special needs kiddos. Our Regional center services covered the cost. She will be there for 10 days.

It is on the coast so they will be going to the ocean several times. I am green with envy, lol!!

The past 2-3 days difficult child has been soooo anxious. Anxiety in Aly is NOT fun to experience!!!!! This morning she was tearful, excited, frustrated, angry, bouncing all over the place, all in about 30 minutes.

I am crossing all body parts that she will be able to maintain and have a good time. It is a special needs camp with 1:2 supervision. There is a therapist and RN on site, with a MD available on-call. I feel comfortable that she will be well chaperoned.

I am really looking forward to the break, it is much needed. J needs my undivided attention right now, Aly has caused quite the drama lately. We have no big plans, just swimming and trips to the park.

Never thought I'd see the day that difficult child went to camp. Didn't know this camp existed and so thankful difficult child has this opportunity.

Fingers crossed!
Vickie

crazymama30

Great! The break will be well needed and deserved. My difficult child has a daycamp next week Mon-Thurs, and easy child is so happy. He has done better this summer, but is still a handful.

I hope you and J enjoy the quiet time. Maybe you can grab a few hours for yourself?

LittleDudesMom

Vickie,

haven't "talked" to you in awhile. Glad to hear you found a camp that you feel meets Ally's needs. It's great for her to have this experience. She may come back more mature! She will have to have remembered to brush her teeth, fix her hair, decided what to wear, made her own bed, etc...

Good to hear that you have some time with J. Have fun! Take care.

Sharon