difficult child just ran away

KTMom91

I'm so sorry, Compassion. You've really gone over and above to help her. Sending hugs and prayers. Please keep us posted.

B

bran155

Compassion,

I am so sorry. As you know, I can relate to your struggle in a big way. I know how frustrating this is for you as her mother to watch her make choices that you know are not good for her. But they are her choices. It took me a very long time, years of this hell, to really grasp that thought. That has been embedded into my brain over and over again by my wonderful friends here and my sws, my family, the doctors and so on. I finally now understand that I can't "fix" my daughter. And I know that you want so much to be able to rescue your daughter and just make her do right. The sad part is that all we can really do is give our children the tools, they have to want it and they have to do the work. As parents that is a very hard concept to accept. It is in our nature to nurture. We are the people who put the band aids on their boo boos, we make them chicken soup when they are sick and we wipe their runny noses. Unfortunately there is no band aid, no chicken soup and no amount of tissues that will cure the boo boos they have now. You are doing the best you can. You are doing all you can. I would never suggest you give up, I just hope that you can detach enough to save your own sanity. You must care for yourself as well as the rest of your family. Don't make the same mistake I made. I wasted so many years allowing myself to be suffocated by my daughter's chaos that I now have to rebuild myself and repair the relationships I had left in the dust. My heart goes out to you. Believe me when I tell you, I have walked in your shoes. And I know just how uncomfortable they are!!!

I hope you are able to get her into the hospital soon. Like you said, for now just enjoy the peace.

You are so in my thoughts girl!!! God bless.

Shawna :)

Marguerite

Good for you to be able to detach as well as you have. It's such a hard time for you all, I do hope she comes to the appointmentwith you. Do you have any contingency plan in place, in case she doesn't? She sounds like she's deliberately ducking out to avoid things like medications, meetings and appointments.

Hang on to your support network (around you as well as us). Now is when you really need to rely on everything you've so carefully put in place.

Marg

L

luvmyottb

Very late here, but offering you peace, support and hugs. Hope you and husband can get some rest. We all care.