difficult child left the sober house

Nancy

DDD thanks for asking. She just came over tonight after work and stayed for dinner. She looks good and claims all is well. The job is going well and she said next week she will have 5 months sobriety. I took her to the grocery store to get a few things for her lunches and she went to the bank to withdraw the $200 and pay me back for her rent I fronted for her. She seems to have broken out in little bumps all over her arm and back. I rubbed cortisone cream on it and found an alochol free benedryl type medication she can get at walgreens to help. Not sure what it is.

She told me last week she had to cut the grass at the house and they told her it was a push mower. She stood looking at it for five minutes trying to find the button to push until she realized it was a "push mower" lol.

I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous. But this is where I have to practice letting go and letting her be in charge of her own life. She is under much less restriction and it's all up to her now.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Had to LOL over the push mower. I have one of those.

Sounds like so far so good. Keeping body parts crossed and saying prayers she stays on the right path.

Hugs

DDD

Thanks for the update, Nancy. It does seem like there is good reason to be hopeful. I'm sure rooting for her! DDD