difficult child may be seeing bottom....

P

PatriotsGirl

I know by now not to get my hopes up but difficult child did just call me and while we were talking, she said out of the blue that she would go to rehab if her dog was found. I told her she needed to want to go to rehab to make a change in her life and she repeated she would go if she found her dog.

Her dog has been missing for quite some time now and I hate to be blunt about it, but the dog is probably gone forever. I asked her what is she going to do if she never finds her and she just cried. :(

But, her even saying she would go under any condition is a step in the right direction, right? Unbeknownst to her though, I don't think we could honestly live with her again so if she would go just to be back in our home, it is not going to work....

Nancy

It's a start, a crack in her armour. I am crossing my fingers that she continues thinking in this way.

Nancy

Nancy

Thanks for asking PG but I dont; want to hijack your thread. You need support now.

She is doing well, got her 60 days last week. She was on two week restriction for not doing her chores well and putting her feet up in the chair and I guess just ordinary stubborness. She was suppose to get off today and we were going to go to the zoo sunday for her birthday. A lot of the halfway girls were going to go also and some of the 3/4 girls. I was going tobring subway sandwiches and cake. Well she got put on another week restriction for riding a bike to an AA meeting with another halfway girl. They are only suppose to get rides with women who have been sober for at least one year. So the birthday celebration is off. I was very disappointed but also very encoraged that she stayed and did not run. She is saying all the right things in her letters but the only thing that matters is her actions.

So she will be spending her 20th birthday on restriction in a sober house. I told her that hopefully this brithday with be the beginning of many more sober birthdays to come. We will see. But as you know it is one day at a time and nothing is for sure.

Hugs,
Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

Nancy, my thoughts are with you - and it is a VERY great thing that she is still there!!!! It gives me hope that maybe mine will get there one day....I am hoping things are starting to get to her now and hopefully hitting bottom. I know she lost her cellphone, so maybe not having contact with other people is helping that. She is currently staying in a hotel (I still cannot understand how she gets people to pay for these hotel rooms!!). Other than that, still homeless, still couch surfing....hopefully it is getting old quick....

Star*

call 911........call 911
PG,

Sounds like you both are coming right along. She goes to rehab under any condition.....YOU are realizing that she can't ever come home. (you're still a little wishy washy about it) but at least the thought it there.

Hugs and Love
Star
Prayers gone every night for her! Still very sorry about the pup.