difficult child meltdown

Jena

welcome back home......... Omg is all i gotta say tonight.

i am taking a mom time out from the hr long meltdown difficult child is having. began with her throat, went to i hate myself, onto other topics about herself, than she tried to talk to dad on phone

well let's just say that wasnt' a huge helper just made her worse, wound up in bathroom biting herself this is new by the way, and laying on flr screaming refusing to take serquel and drink water so she could sleep tonight..

so yup i stay calm, totally calm. tried to bring her down than had to say ok if this keeps up we gotta head to hospital tonight. if you refuse medications that help you thats where we gotta go.

so now she's finally tapering down i can hear her kicking her bunk bed and tryiing to self sooth.

can anyone say therapist? going to kill someone at insurance co if they dont' stop playing games calling them tmrw again

Marguerite

I don't understand how the insurance company thing works - but if they don't seem to get the need, can't you take her with you to their offices and simply sit there waiting for their response? "We have a medical need concerning this child. Oh, by the way, I can't leave her home unattended and as I needed to come in to your offices to talk to you about this personally, I had to bring her with me..." Do make sure you have a sandwich for her to not eat in front of them. Insist gently that she eat it. Then let them see for themselves.

Maybe it's a mad thought, but it's all I can think of right now. Only someone who knows your system better can tell you if my idea is totally stupid, or feasible. Or maybe I might trigger a more appropriate suggestion form someone else.

But in the meantime, you can always dream...

Marg

B

Bunny

I have no answers. Just wanted to say that I hope you get through to the insurance company that you need them to pay for the services you are requesting. I hope today is a better day.

Pam

Jena

yea i wasn't really looking for answers, just using it as a vent i guess. i know we're all out of them and it's getting frustrating for other's to read the back and forth round and round of it. as far as insurance co. goes it's more this woman's fault than anyone else's. she wasnt' approved thru the insurance. she was in the mist of approval and so i said i do not want to start until you get approved. she said oh no i'll get a single case approval no problem that was two weeks ago.

difficult child needs therapy bad. so today i'm calling again. if i get nowhere gotta start looking fora new one. yet very unhealthy for her after she's gone thru the intro. i think she's a great therapist i do, yet i do not think she's focused as far as documents' paperwork etc is concerned. kinda all over the board if that makes sense.

which forme doesn't work right now. so on the phone i go again. had mtg with-her school today also their looking at me like i'm nuts why isnt' she in therapy? like i dropped a ball. had to keep my temper in check with the guidance counselor who is a know it all. oh my i wanted to just plant her with the attitude she had today. meanwhile she has no kids of her own at home