difficult child never gets a break.

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult child and his buddy went to an animae convention in town this weekend. It was great for the guys. Today, he found someone had scratched a message in the side of his car that he has owned for 2 months!!! He had parked it in a parking garage during the convention. Someone scratched "learn how to park".
Nice, huh? Wonder how much that will cost.
Honestly, the kid doesn't get a break.
Vandals.

mstang67chic

Going Green
That hoovers. Wonder if there were security cameras in the garage?

AS for the damage.....I know this is probably a moot point but....if he can NOT feel the scratches, they can more than likely be buffed out. If not, is it all on one panel of the car? (door panel, quarter panel, etc.) If that's the case, and the paint isn't some super custom, specialty color, it shouldn't be TOO bad. If he gets estimates though, make sure they include blending of the paint. This is done so if the car paint has faded somewhat, when the repaired section is painted, the painter can blend the new into the old so the difference isn't so noticeable.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to pm me.

tawnya

Shame on them.

I know what you mean about difficult children never getting a break.

Did he take it OK, or was he really mad? Our difficult child would be ready to take it out on everyone.

(HUGS) for difficult child.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks Mustang for the info. I didn't know that. It's just common paint. I'll check to see if it's more superficial.

Tawnya, he screamed and carried on in the driveway. On one hand it's understandable but in true difficult child fashion it was extremely loud and extremely over the top. He wants to arrest people. LOL. I always feel like it's aimed at me since I'm supposed to fix everything when the world is unfair.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Life hoovers sometimes. Our difficult children don't realize that it's not necessarily a personal thing - it's rude people in the world.

Fran, don't take this on; help difficult child get estimates if you feel like it. Otherwise, this is just another life lesson for difficult child one I hope he learns. I know it's difficult for our little wonders to get this.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Oh gosh...I dont blame him for being ticked off. I would be too! I would check with that parking garage about security camera's and all that. Did he tell them before he left about the damage? I hope so!

And at difficult child's age, I would be wanting someone arrested too. I would want them arrested at my age! Only difference is, I would know now that arresting wouldnt necessarily get me the money to fix my car!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's lousy :( Probably done by someone like my difficult child-Dad who feels he has to "get even" with every perceived slight, including someone parking too close to him. I'm sorry they took it out on difficult child's car. I hope he recovers from the trauma quickly.

M

ML

manster would have also reacted this way and expected me to somehow make it right. I am trying so hard to step away from the fix it role but he isn't letting me go gracefully lol.

I'm so sorry this happened. Hug difficult child for me. It's hard for our kids to understand this kind of random malice and our kids tend to experience all facets of life so deeply.

Last edited:

busywend

How rotten! Some people just do no respect the hard work it takes to own something as expensive as a car. I hope difficult child sees that it is a rare few and it is not OK to act this way. It would be great if the punishment could follow the crime, but we all know that happens less frequently then we would like.

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult child would never in a million years damage someone's property. It's just not in him. The extent of his violence is yelling and maybe slamming
a door.
Unfortunately, he will be gun shy now about parking in the garage.
Pigs!!! It's theft in my eyes. They need to learn to spell too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
A few years back Onyxx had used window paint on husband's SUV to proclaim his political views rather loudly. VOTE ****** is what it said. Someone scratched, "F*** YOU STUPID *******" (last set being party affiliation). Well gee. How nice.

difficult child should report it to the police. They won't find out who did it, but they will have a report. This is necessary for the insurance company if it comes to that.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Back in '04, when I moved up North and realized that my little car was not up to Northwoods winters; I bought a 2 year old Toyota 4-Runner with only 20K miles on it.

Gorgeous car. I've had it now for six years and still love it and take very good care of it.

About two months after I got it, I took a road trip to Milwaukee and the Chicago 'burbs to visit friends and family. I got my car "keyed" twice. No reason that I can see other than perhaps someone in IL took exception to my WI tags, but close to the border as they are, they see quite a lot of WI tags down there.

In Milwaukee someone keyed "F--- You, Dyke" on my passenger side door. They must've either seen how short I wear my hair and the way I dress, or saw me go into a house they knew belonged to a lesbian couple.

I got that repainted (that's not cheap, by the way). Since then I've gotten more scratches in parking lots and stuff up here, but that's from people not being careful with car doors and shopping carts. "Just" carelessness.