difficult child released in 4 days...pls rattle those beads

horserider

My difficult child should be released home this Thrusday after nearly 8 months in a theraputic jjc program.
He has had home passes every weekend (except one) since December, (turned 17 in Dec) graduating from one day to 3 days. I have seen so many positive changes. He has had a lot of intensive individual, group and family therapy which I am thankful for and he will come home with an "open mind" about going back on his medications if he starts to struggle.

I moved out of our home early last yr. and pray my husband and difficult child can handle living alone together again. I have been visiting there, and having them over here for dinner, etc. and so far it works out okay. I still have boundries like driving alone with my son, in time I hope this heals and the trust returns. He has
shown determination to be successful and is once again goal driven to graduate on time. He has recognized the changes in mom, I am no longer an enabler, but a loving, supportive parent, who appreciates the mature young adult he has become.

We have been through many years of Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s, home therapy, hospitilizations and the court system. I will be rattling beads and praying these positive changes will take my difficult child through adult hood this time.
You have all been so supportive through this, I have learned so much here. I'll keep you posted.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{horserider}}}, this has been a long road for you as well and I will hold and keep you in my prayers that you retain that growth and all the strength you've gathered these past months. Many hugs, I'm so happy for you that you were able to create healthy boundaries while still being a part of your difficult child's recovery as well.

DammitJanet

Good luck! I will keep those beads rattling. I hope this is the time that it took for him to become a productive citizen.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I still have boundries like driving alone with my son, in time I hope this heals and the trust returns.

Horserider, it took me 5 years to feel comfortable enough to be alone with my son so I understand.

Gentle hugs and best wishes,

Suz

DDD

Fingers crossed that difficult child will be able to implement the tools learned while away from home. It must be frightening for all of you as the stakes are so high. Sending caring thoughts your way. DDD