difficult child Rock Star Wannabe...

witzend

And of course I'm talking about husband. :smile:

husband has suddenly begun to tell me that he wants to learn to play the guitar. He's been on about it for about 2 months now. I'm pretty sure that he expects me to buy him a guitar. NOT!

This is the man who periodically gets the annual membership to the gym, needs all new gym clothes and bag, shoes, etc., goes four times, and we have to pay the cancellation fee. He's doing way better with Wii tennis than he ever did at a gym.

I asked him what type of music he wants to learn to play, but he doesn't know. There is a music shop about 8 blocks from his work, so I am going to rent him a guitar and get him lessons. If he still is working on it by Father's Day, I'll buy him a guitar. I know that he will learn whether or not he really wants to learn to play the guitar, if not actually how to play the guitar!

:smile:

It gets so much easier when you realize that your husband is just like your kid, but bigger.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It gets so much easier when you realize that your husband is just like your kid, but bigger. </div></div>

And sometimes much worse. :rofl:

If you have pawn shops in your area check there. Sometimes their deals are even better than renting, especially for musical instruments.

My husband buys all the stuff and all it ever does is collect dust. He's not even allowed to buy anymore. lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We have collected a lot of instruments over the years, tennis racquets (which H seems to collect but never use) and golf items, along with many many tools.

I have three guitars, one electric, one mini, and one acoustic - let me know when you're ready to buy!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Buy him some clear fingernail polish too - learning chords will kill his finger tips. THAT should be an interesting stocking stuffer.

Are you SURE you want to endure 2,598 chorus' of Down by the sea shore Mary Ann? And Michael Row your boat ashore?

Buy yourself some sound cancelling Bose earcovers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you SURE you want to endure 2,598 chorus' of Down by the sea shore Mary Ann? And Michael Row your boat ashore? </div></div>

I'm thinking the opening riff of Smoke on the Water is more likely.

F

flutterbee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HereWeGoAgain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you SURE you want to endure 2,598 chorus' of Down by the sea shore Mary Ann? And Michael Row your boat ashore? </div></div>

I'm thinking the opening riff of Smoke on the Water is more likely. </div></div>

At least that one's tolerable.

BBK - They do have Guitar Hero for Wii. It's an expensive game, though.

witzend

Wii has Guitar Hero, but that's not actually learning how to play the guitar. It's following the notes on the screen randomly with one hand. I'm sure it sounds good, but he wants to learn songs and to play them for people. And you know it's going to be "Stairway to Heaven".

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if it's Led - it would be appropriate - they too never met a song they didn't rip off. I'm telling you - Get those Bose acoustical wave sound canceling head phones - they will be worth every penny.

Smoke......on the wattttttter......the fire in the sky......

ahem.

And she's buyyyyyyyyyyuyyyyyyying a staiiiiiiirrrrrrway toooo hev...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

Look at that every day in your head like 2985 times each day and then tell me you are not worth the ear plugs.

F

flutterbee

Guitar Hero for Xbox and Playstation involves both hands. My son was complaining about his wrist hurting from too much Guitar Hero. There is another game called Rock Band. Yep, you guessed it...you have a guitar, bass, drums, etc. I tease him and his friends. Poor kid. Too bad he didn't get a nice mom. :rofl:

One of the first songs my brother learned on the guitar was Stairway to Heaven. Also, Smoke on the Water and While my Guitar Gently Weeps. But he played Stairway to Heaven ALL THE TIME. Ugh. I feel your pain.

If you've seen Wayne's World -- I keep thinking of the guitar shop scene where Mike Myers starts to play Stairway and the clerk points to the sign on the wall: NO STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN. Mike Myers' expression is priceless.