difficult child shaved off his eyebrows

Jody

oh my goodness, I needed the laugh today. my difficult child used my electric razor 2 years ago and zipped off all of her eyebrows. She decided she wanted the kind of eyebrows that you draw on. I scared her to death and told her that once you cut them off that they grew in big black and connected. She's gullible at times, so she believed me, that's when the tears came. We laugh at it it now, but it was not funny when she did it.

DDD

difficult child#2 shaved off his eyebrows,too, and then decided to shave his head. Oh, the joy of AS. He thought he looked "cool". Uh, not. LOL DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, my. Reminds of when I was about 14 or so. I was in my room and my mom shrieked suddenly. She had gone in to put some laundry in gfgbro's room (he was 16 or so) and she thought there was a rat on his dresser.

It was his hair. He cut a bunch off in front and on one side. He looked like a lopsided bush. She would HAPPILY have paid for a haircut, in fact was ALWAYS begging him to go get a decent one. Nope, had to DIY it. He has really curly hair and it gets bigger and bushier, not longer. About the ONLY thing that made him get it cut was when I would start calling him feminine forms of his name. There was a girl down the street when we were little with that name and she was awful and snobby and to him it was a HUGE insult.

Wiz and thank you have that same curly hair. father in law also has it, so do a lot of husband's male relatives. WHY the girls all get stick straight hair I just don't understand. You could not get my hair straighter if you ironed it.

As for the pics, well, I think they are cute. My mom has very few pics of us with our hair looking great, at least from when we were little. Mine is super cowlicky and was ALWAYS standing up funny. But those are the pics that bring back the most memories.

When the guys are of age to shave, ELECTRIC RAZORS ladies. Yes, they can shave off eyebrows, etc... with them, but they are a lot harder to hurt yourself with! Plus they really don't like long hair unless they have trimmers. Jessie drives me NUTS because she is always dry shaving her legs and armpits and then she gets rashes and they get infected and it is just icky. At one point I refused to let her use a razor and kept husband's locked up because she was just going NUTS with it and had infected rashes that ended up looking like she had been dragged along a gravel road for 1/4 mile or so. She gets upset because I will NOT give her sympathy and make her buy her own antibiotic creams and when she needed an rx medication for the rash I made her use her own money to buy it. Seems parents are SUPPOSED to buy all medications.

Not this mom when it is self inflicted and we had just gotten it cleared up! I got a "Meanest Mommy" award for that. She was 13 and actually created a paper award for the "Meanest Mommy" for me, lol!!! She was so confused when I laughed hysterically and couldn't stop when she gave it to me. I guess it was supposed to hurt my feelings. Instead I took it as reassurance I was doing my job well, lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep, yep, yep.

Rob had brown hair and blonde hair and Lucille Ball red hair when the bleach didn't do what he expected. He also started with two pierced ears and before we knew it he had 21 piercings in his ears.

If it gives you any comfort, he is now back to his natural brown hair and no more than 2 piercings. Of course, now that he is older he has a ton of tattoos. :rofl:

In order to survive you need to just ...let it go...deep breaths... :flower:

Suz

Lothlorien

Pretty funny! Missy cut her hair once, a few days before Christmas. I caught her with the sissors before she went any further, so it wasn't too much damage. I look at mighty mouse now and what a great kid he is and just wonder what he's going to do when he's a little older. Makes me shake in my boots.