difficult child started her job today~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Just sending out a prayer into space that she does well and this one sticks.

I think there may be some trouble in paradise with Monkeyboy...she was complaining about "having a boyfriend who would rather smoke pot all day instead of call his girlfriend". Ho-hum, same old same old.

This morning her car died so I had to drive her to work, which I really kind of sort of liked because now I get to pick her up this afternoon and she can't just dash off to boyfriend's house without me finding out how her first day went. She was less than thrilled, of course, and made sure I knew it. I turned on the radio and hummed.

Anyway, say a small prayer please - thanks!:peaceful:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Turned on the radio and hummed? OMG - SO difficult child.

I have had to turn the radio down just for a minute and say "I'm trying to think through my day here and it DID NOT include YOU humming - believe me there is nothing I care to discuss with you so you're safe - I just need silence."

ARGH

Prayers for it to stick too Jo!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Witz, she did okay. You know, all the new recruits did on Monday was sit and watch videos on company protocols, sexual harrassment, breaks, basic stuff. She met and had lunch with one of the other newbies, a young man, 20 who told her when they were rushing back to Dicks, that his motto is: "Don't go back until the very last possible minute", so sounds like a perfect match. :rolleyes:

She works again tomorrow and Friday, when she will be put out on the floor in women's apparel. That will be the true test.

Thanks for asking~we're all hanging in there.

Kathy813

Staff member
Star, if there is ONE single loser in a crowd of 8 million, my little darling will find him - to be sure.

But first, she would have to fight my difficult child for him. :hammer:

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo

I hope she's found the one to stick for awhile, at least.

Keeping fingers crossed the job goes well, and that she if she does dump Monkey Boy she doesn't decide to hook up with her new friend Mr. Procrastinator.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This morning, 3 days after she learned she needed a green shirt for work and one day after she left the house and told H that she was going out to find a green shirt, she was lazing in bed and I read the note she left me last night when she got home:

"Mom, I need to buy a green shirt before I go into work today. Love you, hugs and kisses, Happy Valentine's Day"

I check the calendar and she has to be in work at 9AM. She also has to drop me at work at 8AM so I could leave my car at the shop for an oil change. I wake her up and told her she will have to get a shirt AT work - surely they have green polos at Dicks, right??

"No, mom, they don't. I have to go to kohls or something, otherwise I will have to wear the ugly giant shirts they give out to the employees!"

OooOOOooooOOOooh, so she doesn't NEED a shirt, she WANTS a shirt. Baha! I told her to go in and get her shirt from her boss. When she gets her first check, she can buy her own green shirt. What nerve. She's a slow learner.

Kathy, believe me, your difficult child would have to put up a really good fight, because when my difficult child is determined to snag herself a bonified loser, things can get mighty ugly. Hahahaahaha - :crazy1: