difficult child started her job today

dstc_99

It has finally happened. HEHE she started a job at UPS working in their loading area. She has to wear steel toe boots and show up at 7AM. It is a 30 mile drive. I might have been giggling like a maniac when she went to bed a 8pm. Imagine that she felt the need to get sleep before going to work.

Since with difficult child's everything good comes with a little bad we wound up at WalMart last night getting steel toe boots. She is not happy with them but we could only find 1 pair in her size so she had to get them. She started to get into her nasty mode but we managed to avoid too much of it. Of course she had known since Thursday that she needed the boots but blamed the lack of them on the UPS people not being realistic about expecting her to get boots so quickly. Most places don't stock steel toe boots for women. Of course we live on a military instalation so we could have gotten them easily but she didn't ask and we are helping her to learn the natural consequences for her actions.

I am pretzeling she finds something closer soon but until then I hope UPS works her butt off.

dstc_99

I know. Unfortunately she is working for Manpower. UPS apparently contracted them to bring in workers. I told her to apply with UPS as soon as she got her foot in the door.

Even though its not as good a company I am really hoping she gets a job here on post. It is 60 miles roundtrip for the UPS job and only 2 miles roundtrip for the post job. Plus the pay is better.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Maybe it's a good thing that she will be super busy with the long commute plus the job.

I'm just glad she is out of YOUR hair, and having to comply with somebody else's directions.

All good! Glad she is working.

dstc_99

Well she came home and hit the sack. LOL She managed to drag herself down the stairs for dinner and then back down to get the dogs before she went to sleep. Other than that she was exhausted. I am loving every minute of it. Maybe now she will understand how it feels to come home and still have responsibilities even though you are dead on your feet. I gave her a free night last night but starting today her chores will resume. It's nothing difficult anyway just picking up after herself and doing some dishes. Heck we have a dishwasher.

in a daze

A 30 mile commute and working for UPS. Wow. I've known people, including my husband when he was in college, who worked the docks at UPS. It is really hard work, and the supervisors really ride the employees. At least that's what I've heard. How often is she working, is it full time or part time?

Childofmine

one day at a time
Dstc, this is exactly what difficult children need---to work hard, to be exhausted, to come home, eat dinner, go to bed and get up and do it all over again.

Real life. They are dealing with life on life's terms. We all know how exhausting it is, no time to get into trouble.

Yay! This is success! This is what success looks like. Relish it.

Scent of Cedar *

This is great news!

Happy for difficult child.

:0)

Holding a thought for her that all goes well, that she keeps working, that the bad times are over for good.

This is the second great post I've read, this morning.

Maybe things are getting better for all of us!

Cedar