difficult child starts her J-O-B today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child starts her job this morning at Sharper Image! :laugh:

She has to wear all black - how ironic. :wink:

Anyway, she is excited about it. :bravo:

Please keep a good thought that she's chosen the right place to work. I think it will be good.

>< >< Fingers crossed!

goldenguru

All black huh? Did she go through a goth phase? (Mine did and I hated it)

Fingers are crossed. Maybe she'll meet some really great geeky guy while at work. They make the best boyfriends. LOL.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Haha gg, that's what I was hoping - some geeky diamond in the rough would be a nice change. Actually, she bought home this really cute, nice, polite young man last night. He was so friendly and wouldn't stop talking with me! Haha. He's 19, works full time, was home schooled, has a nuclear family with parents who actually love each other and he has a nice truck. So, it only stands to figure that difficult child won't like him, poor guy.

She was never really goth, but most of her friends were emo or metal heads and wore a lot of black. She has a lot of black in her closet, but lately she's been wearing lighter colors, thankfully. I wear a lot of black, but it's mostly because it's slimming! Haha.

Kathy813

Staff member
:bravo: :bravo:

A working difficult child is always a good thing. I love the stuff they have a Sharper Image. Just think ~ employee discount just in time for Christmas.

Good for your difficult child. It sounds like she is really making an effort.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A working difficult child is always a good thing. I love the stuff they have a Sharper Image. Just think ~ employee discount just in time for Christmas. </div></div>

Kathy just wrote exactly what I was thinking! Verbatim. :smile:

Jo, I hope she has a great first day which will set the tone for her second and third...

Fingers crossed!

Suz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kathy813</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suz ~ Sometimes I think we are one and the same person.</div></div>

How nice for Raoul. A twofer :wink:

meowbunny

Make that a threesome! by the way -- If you care to share that discount, I'm sure several of us could place an order or two with you.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She liked it and is on the schedule for 20 more hours this week!! She liked it...she didn't love it, but she feels like she's a human now...she's like everyone else who works now. Which is all I ask. Haha. So far, so good - thanks for all the good vibes.

easy child WILL BE HOME IN 2 HOURS....I AM SO EXCITED!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope she had a good first day and that it will last through the "slower" days of retail....although with all the gadgets of sharper image I would have a ball "familarizing myself with the products"......

Besides, what greater way to meet guys than working at a gadget store?????

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
WMM - She said the store was jam packed yesterday, it being a rainy Saturday...she's wondering what it will be like with the upcoming holiday season.

And she gets a super-duper discounts...I've had my eye on an ionizer doggie brush for YEARS. I think I may have to take a stroll in there one day soon.

It's like an upscale Radio Shack - you know how old guys love Radio Shack (my 46 y/o H is included in that bunch)?? Well, Sharper Image is for the mildly cooler, younger techies. I like it.

jbrain

Hi Jo,
so glad the job went well and she has more hours scheduled! I think with my difficult child, getting a job was her first step towards becoming self sufficient and being able to see that she was able to actually take care of herself. My husband and I both felt that if she could get a job and do the job well she would see her self-confidence rise and that would help with everything. It was a bumpy ride but it did seem to work that way in the long run. She started at a Dunkin' Donuts and was so conscientious about her work, I was very proud of her. Now, as you all know, she works as an exotic dancer but I am still proud of her work ethic. She has been working there for about 6 or 7 months I think and makes good money and most importantly she is self sufficient. She can't imagine ever depending on us to take care of her again.

So, hope this is the beginning of good things! Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
Jane

busywend

Jo, congrats to difficult child for her new job. I think it is a great place to work. Is there a commission?

I bought boyfriend the DVD rotating stand last year!