difficult child was arrested

Srcsweet2

I am so sorry to hear that ...we all dread those phone calls ....I hope that she is able to keep her job ...or more so I hope she wants too...

Nancy, I am late to respond here, but I know how upset and angry and worried you are for your difficult child. I know all these emotions when we get that call that our difficult child has been arrested, and it is really terrible. I am sending you prayers that this will be the wake-up call that your daughter needs to change her life. I hate that you and husband have to deal with all this mess. (((Many HUGS for you)))

DammitJanet

Well if I got in trouble for every time I signed bail forms I would be kicked off this board. Cory always paid me the money back when he got out but he had to have someone over 21 to sign the bond. I knew he wasnt running on me so I didnt mind bailing him out if I could but it had to be his money. One thing I have never been able to do for him is get him a lawyer but it appears he has now got one on retainer.

I still have hope that your dtr will come around with age. You well know how horrible it was for me when Cory was your dtr's age. It is so much better now.

A

AmericanGirl

Nancy,

I am so very sorry you are facing this latest problem.

Addicts are like little children. They see something, they want it. Doesn't have to make sense. Needs and wants are no different to them. No impulse control or conscious.

Your daughter is not this person. The addict is in control. She has a conscious and morals. The addict doesn't.

I looked into whether an arrest could hurt difficult child (third degree theft) and never found anywhere where the arrest would show. Only convictions. And those are iffy depending on how a background check is done and when the database is updated. Hoping that is the same where you are.

I'm praying that this will be the event that causes her to accept her addiction and want recovery. Every month brings her some more maturity and hopefully, some more reasons to change.