difficult child was fired

Nancy

I don't have any details but I found out she was fired.

I wonder when she's going to decide that she can't drink/use responsibly.

Nancy

DDD

I'm sorry but not at all surprised. Don't let this latest news ramp up your level of concern. I know you are working hard to detach and move on with your life. Losing the job, losing her electricity, losing ??? is not going to result in a "lightbulb" moment for her any time soon. She is inconvenienced but not suffering from the results of her poor choices.

Sending caring support to you. Hugs DDD

T

toughlovin

Nancy,

I am sorry but we knew this was coming. You cant drink and drug like she has been doing and hold down a job. Hopefully this will head her towards her botom soon!!!

Please take care of yourself and do something fun this weekend with you and husband!!!

TL

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh Gee, I am sorry Nancy. It is so hard to be on the sidelines watching them self destruct. Big HUGS to you, and prayers for both you and difficult child.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Nancy--

I'm so sorry...

I forget where she was working and how long. Was this an industry she wanted a career in - or was this just a job to pay the bills?

S

Signorina

I know this is just one more heartache and I am so sorry for the additional hurt and worry this causes. {{{hugs}}}

Nancy

DF it was the best job she could ever hope to have. It was in an animal hospital and she always wanted to work with animals. They were going to train her to be a room assistant but right now she was a receptionist. She had health care and dental care and everything. Looks like she will be living on the street shortly since rent is due in ten days and she has nothing in the bank. I wonder if all her new drugging and drinking friends will take her in.

I have learned to trust my gut feeling and I am so glad we got the car out of our name last month.

Nancy

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DF it was the best job she could ever hope to have. It was in an animal hospital and she always wanted to work with animals. They were going to train her to be a room assistant but right now she was a receptionist. She had health care and dental care and everything.

Nancy

Yes - now I remember...

Shoot! That was a really great job - it could have been an opportunity to turn it into a real career!

What a heartbreaker!

I'm so sorry, Nancy - that is terrible...

buddy

Oh wow, how disappointing, it sounded like such a good opportunity. But it was not important enough to her yet...your question is perfect, when will she connect the dots? Who knows?
Just continue to work YOUR program and know we are here to hold you up. You are an amazing person.

P

PatriotsGirl

Ugh. I am so sorry you are aching on the sidelines, too. Our kids just seem to throw away any good opportunity that they come across. I don't get it. I will never get it. Apparently mine would rather have to steal food to survive than stay with my friend and work like a normal person...unreal.

Nancy

I'm sorry PG.

And this is why we can't detach, because every single day we are faced with another crisis of the most serious nature.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

And that is exactly why we need to find ways to detach as much as we can.... because they will continue to have crises as long as they are using and we have no control over that!!!

It is hard and I feel for all of you and for me too.

TL

Nancy

Don't get me wrong TL, I am detached from her actions and I'm not sitting around worrying. I have come to terms with the fact that I am not in control. But their crisis never goes away. Seriously, look at us. Every day one of us has another awful story to tell. If things go well it's only a matter of days/weeks before they fall apart.

I'm getting numb.

Nancy

busywend

Sorry Nancy. I can understand numb. Her choices, her consequences. Wish there was a way to not worry though.

HUGS!

rejectedmom

I am so sorry Nancy. Even when we suspect or anticipate things it still prods up sadness when or fears are confirmed. There is alot to be said for numb. It is a natural coping mechanism tha can help with detachment. Eventually we get so tired from the stress our difficult child's chaos brings to us our bodies start taking matters into their own hands. It starts shutting down certain harmones that are stimulated by stress. A decrease in these harmones blunts our reactions to stressfull stumuli. I found numb preceeded detachment for me only by a very short period of time. So embrace the NUMB! -RM

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh Nancy, like others have said, we knew this was coming. I'm so sorry for you and for her. I'll never understand why they choose this life. I guess those of us that are not addicts ever will.

{{{Hugs}}}

~Kathy