difficult children and Their difficult child Friends

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Obviously, we all want to encourage our difficult children to have good friends...

Unfortunately, difficult children seem to find other difficult children. And really, that makes sense because we always befriend people with whom we have things in common.

We have given difficult child the opportunity to invite some friends to go bowling...and here she is making calls.

Some of the people she is calling don't even really know her - because I can hear her explaining to them "Yeah, you know me....we're in Science together...?"

And some of the people who DO know her?

Well, one can't go because he's in trouble for threatening somebody with a gun...

another was in psychiatric hospital...

one was involved in a fistfight...

YIKES!!!

(Why did I think it was a good idea for her to invite people bowling?)

DammitJanet

LOL...I know how that goes.

It never fails to shock me when I am with Cory at the courthouse and he meets so many people he knows. Its like old home week. I go in there and very rarely do I ever see someone I know and if there is someone there it is either because its someone I know through Cory or someone that worked at social services with me.

One time Cory invited some guy he was in jail with to come pitch a tent in the woods at our house. He brought his girlfriend with him. They stayed about a month or so. Tony finally had to say they had to leave. Turns out the two of them were bipolar and off their medications. We later heard the boy ended back in jail for killing someone. That stopped Cory from bringing anymore inmates home with him. He got scared that they could end up killing me.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
LOL...I know how that goes.

It never fails to shock me when I am with Cory at the courthouse and he meets so many people he knows. Its like old home week. I go in there and very rarely do I ever see someone I know and if there is someone there it is either because its someone I know through Cory or someone that worked at social services with me.

One time Cory invited some guy he was in jail with to come pitch a tent in the woods at our house. He brought his girlfriend with him. They stayed about a month or so. Tony finally had to say they had to leave. Turns out the two of them were bipolar and off their medications. We later heard the boy ended back in jail for killing someone. That stopped Cory from bringing anymore inmates home with him. He got scared that they could end up killing me.

Yikes!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yeah...

One of the girls in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) with Onyxx was her friend at the Alt school 2 years ago...

The kid she got arrested with in May is in her drug/alcohol class...

It's just amazing to me that difficult children attract other difficult children. (I wouldn't want to be around these people, why do THEY?!)

...And Jett's BFF has SEVERE, unmedicated ADHD. Well, unmedicated on the weekends - and I cannot handle him alone...

BusynMember

My oldest, when she did drugs, was just not accepted by those who were well-behaved and she looked down at them as "preppies" or "goody two shoes." When she was in the phospital, she found a boyfriend. They were both in there for drug abuse. Ain't love grand?

shellyd67

I have to say that we are so lucky that difficult child's bff is an awesome, responsible kid and the furthest thing from a difficult child. My parents even say I hope D sticks around and doesn't get sick of difficult child's nonsense. LOL