difficult child's court appearance

N

Nomad

Geesh.
I too applaud your detachment.
Hopefully, this "plan" of hers to move back and get an apartment doesn't involve moving back into your immediate area and she has some notion of how she is gong to pay for it all. UGH.
by the way, does the girlfriend have a better handle on reality?
Fingers crossed that this will motivate her into a better direction.
Please offer to send her to a psychologist (if she is willing to go and keeps the apts.)...but I DO love your detachment!!!!
I like giving my kid a little help...help to help herself. But I DON'T like the drama/trauma and in fact, just wont do that anymore.

Nancy

I'm not that good at detachment so don't applaud me. I walked around my house yesterday crying all day just thinking about her future and what she is going through. I'm sure I am more worried about this than she is. I can't stop worrying.

I talked to her girlfriend and she laughed when I told her difficult child thinks they are getting an apartment together. She said she is in no position to get an apartment for at least two years and that she would correct difficult child on that point.

Nancy

klmno

Well, I thought what the court ordered was a pretty good plan but it sounds like she is going to have to hit a deeper bottom first. Hang in there- maybe this will lead her to it sooner rather than later. It took two tries for me to sink my teeth into college so I can relate. There's something about reality and natural consequences that can wake somebody up so let her face it. I'm sorry you have to watch her take the difficult road though- I'm sure it is painful for you.