difficult child's dating relationships aren't going to last long ...

TerryJ2

Gft has a new girlfriend. That is, he talks to her on the phone and they agree to "date," even though they never go anywhere together. Maybe they will, since they've only been dating for a week.
Last night, he was cleaning his nails (he's a bit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about that, cuts them past the top of the nailbed ... ew) and so he put his phone down on the chair, on speaker. I was painting a kitchen wall, with-newsprint under my feet, so it's not like I was trying to be quiet. His girlfriend talked and talked and talked and difficult child got in a very few comments, and a few questions, and girlfriend said something, (don't know what it was specifically), and difficult child said, "You're starting to sound like my mother."
:rofl:

TerryJ2

Yep.
Then, at the dinner table (where he dragged in two friends, soaking wet, who had already eaten), he gets mad at one of his friends for taking his phone, and threatens to show me a photo on the phone. His friends panic. I know this is a ploy because I told him that using his phone at the dinner table is bad manners. So his one friend takes it away, since he's not eating.
Anyway, he shows me this photo they took on the way home from school. It's an empty pkg with-a crown and the number "22." They explain to me (very nervous, like I'm going to scream at them), "It's a 22" condom."
"What's it for, an elephant?" I blurt out.
And then I added, "Whatever you do, don't show it to your girlfriend."
"Oh, we already did."
Arrgh. 8th grade. Sooooooo tacky.