difficult child's English essay

Nancy

difficult child had to write a personal narrative/autobiographical incident and let me read it and I wanted to share it with you. If I ever wondered what was going on in her head I have my answer and I have to tell you I had tears in my eyes reading it.

There has been many significant incidents in my life that has helped me learn more things about myself. I began to realize that the people I hung out with weren't my real friends, they got me into a lot of trouble, and to me, a real friend is a friend who tries to help you stay out of trouble.

It all began two years ago, the summer going into 9th grade. Everyday I went up to the skate park. That skate park was my life that summer. I loved it, I met a bunch of people there and made many friends. One day I met a girl named *****. I thought she was so cool and from then on I knew that we were going to become best friends. We spent almost every day together. She would sleep over all the time and we had a blast. My parents didn't like her very much because they thought she was a bad influence on me. At the time I thought they were crazy for thinking that, but now I understand why.

After I started to hang out with *****, I started hating my parents and running away from home. I would sneak out at night to hang out with my boyfriend and got in trouble with the police. I'd skip classes to go and hang out with my friends. I didn't know who I was anymore and I didn't want to either. Around the end of freshman year, I got into serious trouble and I promised myself I am going to change my life around. I wanted to make new friends and start to become part of the family again.

The end of freshman year came and during that summer I talked to ***** less and less because she started to hang out with all the "druggies" of the school and I wasn't going to get involved with them. Royalaire season started which meant practice from 6 to 9 every Monday and Wednesday and also band camp which was every weekday for 3 weeks. I started to make new friends who ended up to be my best friends, who I hang out with almost everyday after school and on the weekends. I joined Winterguard this year and I love everyone there.

Last year was probably the worst year for me, but I changed my life around completely. I have great friends, an amazing family, and haven't gotten into any trouble. I know that if I didn't keep the promise for me to change my life around, I'd be in serious trouble but thank God I kept it, and I'm grateful for everything I have. Out with the bad and in with the good.

Nancy

busywend

Wow - Nancy, that is pretty big for a teenager to accomplish - and then to write it out - WOW is all I can say!

Amazing!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
An important lesson learned and she had the courage to drop the old "friend" and move on... Getting her into activities was a good move, whomever started that deserves credit too!

KateM

Wow, that is amazing! She really has insight into this chapter of her life. Im thrilled for you both. :bravo:

BonnieJean

WOW! Nancy, very nice and extremely impressive. This certianly gives the rest of us struggling people something "good" and "positive" to look forward too. Thanks so much sharing!

BonnieJean

kris

....and doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart.

nancy, your daughter has done an amazing job emerging from the darkness....amazing. however, she couldn't have done it with-o the love, suppport & tough love from you & husband. you are all to be congratulated.