difficult child's first therapist appointment. this afternoon

StressedM0mma

If we could have some pretzeled fingers and good thoughts I would appreciate it. She says she wants to get better but I am not sure she is reasy to put the work in. I really hope she is though. She told me she is tired of feeling nothing. That most times she just doesn't feel anything. It made me so sad. Here is hoping today goes well. It is a 2 hr. appointment.

B

Bunny

I hope that the appointment goes well and that your difficult child is willing to do what she needs to do to get better.

buddy

Oh good, she wont be rushed out. I hope it goes well. Will be good to hear the update. crossing everything that can be crossed for you guys.

StressedM0mma

Well, to update the appointment. It did not go as well as expected. Neither if us were really happy with the therapist at all. She didn't do any diagnostic stuff at all, and she would ask difficult child questions and then not listen to her answers. She asked difficult child about leasing a horse. She asked what it was. difficult child said it is just like leasing a car. therapist looked at her and said what do you mean? difficult child said it is just like a car. therapist just wouldn't listen. She asked if had gone to a counseling center near our home. I told her this center was recommended to us. Then she said well that other place may serve you better. When we were leaving difficult child asked if we could go somewhere else. She said she felt like the therapist wasn't listening to her, and that she was just trying to pass her off. So, we are going to keep looking. Ugh. Now to look for a new therapist. Let the search begin.

InsaneCdn

UGH.
Its always a pain trying to connect with the right resources.
But... if its not the right resource, no point being there!

StressedM0mma

Thanks for your support everyone. difficult child said she is willing to go to therapy if the person was right. I can't blame her on that. I just wish the hunt wasn't so hard. On the way home from the appointment. she said to me " I feel like I am ripping everyone apart". I was honest and told her we know that she isn't doing it on purpose, but there are times it feels like that to us too. It was nice to hear her acknowledge what is going on. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't see what is going on around her. But, we will just carry on and push through. Wish us luck on finding a new therapist. If anyone can offer ideas on how or where to search I welcome it.