difficult child's psychiatrist appointment

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had difficult child's psychiatrist appointment. this afternoon. He feels we are nearing the end of the road on the current medications in some ways. We are going to start adding in Lamictal again. He hasn't tried that in a few years and it was with the other psychiatrist and turns out he never quite hit a theraputic dose of it. As many know it takes a long time to reach a theraputic dose. In the mean time we will keep the other medications and will probably need to increase the Loxapine which may make him really tired but we may have to deal with that for now as it is better than the violence. He didn't seem to think he was quite at the point of hospitalization right now. We are to keep calling him with episodes of violence.

Keep your fingers crossed this helps as I'm so tired of the violence along with all of his many other difficult child issues.

Janna

Sharon,

I am relieved for you that the psychiatrist is taking a good look at the medications and making changes, but very frustrated that he doesn't think difficult child is at a point of needing hospitalization.

I don't know difficult child at all, nor you, but I would have very high concerns for your safety with the stories you put here.

Please do call him every time there is a problem. I worry about you.

Good luck with the Lamictal! Your psychiatrist and mine sound very similar.

Janna

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Just a vent for you.....what level of violence would psychiatrist consider for hospitalization? Okay, I got that out of my system! :hammer: Sorry about that.

I'm glad that psychiatrist has a plan in place & is available for calls when difficult child becomes unmanageable again. You need that support with difficult child. You need to know that when difficult child is in crisis you will have options. Seems that psychiatrist has given you that.

I'm keeping your family in my thoughts daily. Our little guys make me crazy, while at the same time, tear at my heart.

Take care of you. by the way, when is our next golf outing with slsh?? Hmmmmm?? :rofl: You need a break - you need to hit a bucket of balls. :hypnosis: slsh can't play due to back issues, but has volunteered to drive the golf cart. And Mike's hard lemonade does wonders for the game. :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sharon

I'd also keep calling him with the violence. I'm not understanding just what level he thinks is necessary. Sheesh! It took hardly nothing at all to get N admitted, especially in comparision with the behavior you've seen.
Hope psychiatrist's plan works.

((hugs))

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> well color me puzzled as well. did you ask him just how bad it needs to get before he will hospitalize??

you're very much in my thoughts. keep yourself safe.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Wiped Out

Staff member
I appreciate the good thoughts. I think the reason the psychiatrist doesn't feel hospitalization is ready is he has such non violent periods in between and that he pulls himself together relatively quickly (compared to the other times he was hospitalized).

Linda-you are cracking me up! Me hitting golf balls might be a fun thing-scary for others having to watch though :rofl:

oceans

Good luck with the Lamictal! Our psychiatrist and therapist kept saying that our difficult child was not at the point of being able to get admitted even though we knew that he needed to be. We finally needed to set things into motion ourselves, and he is still hospitalized now. Everyone at both hospitals he has been have agreed with us that he needed/needs to be there. He is finally doing better now.

Good luck with this!!!