difficult child's psychiatrist appointment

Wiped Out

Staff member
Had a good appointment. with difficult child's psychiatrist this afternoon. We are going to see how he is doing in a week to see if we need to increase the Lamictal (he has only been on 100 mgs for about a week so he wants to give it another week). My guess is we will have to do an increase.

The good part is he wrote a letter to explain how much of difficult child's behavior is due to his disability. We should be able to attach to the BIP-hopefully that will help to reduce the amount of suspensions he has been getting.

Of course, it would help if they actually followed the BIP! The spec. ed. teacher yesterday actually admitted in a conference to husband yesterday that it hasn't been followed. :nonono:husband was not happy and asked why even have a BIP if it isn't going to be followed?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Geez, Sharon - I can't believe that spec. ed. isn't following the BIP. No wonder difficult child is floundering at school.

I'm glad that psychiatrist is willing to write that letter - don't forget to keep a copy.

Thanks for the update.

oceans

That is great that the appointment went well and that he wrote that letter for you. Amazing that they know that they are not following the BIP! How can they not follow it and then continue to suspend him?