difficult child's Senior Pix & easy child in her whites

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hi Loth, thanks for asking.

easy child is holding her own right now. The new semester has started well enough and she's doing okay in making up the failed classes, but she's behind. In fact, she's 6 weeks behind and her group of fellow students will be leaving on May 7th for thier externships but she won't be able to leave until the 3rd week of June. So she's very upset about that. She was crying to me on the phone today, saying she wanted to quit college and come home, that she's a big loser, etc. I told her to stop it and that she can't come home. The semester is paid for and she will need to do her best, suck it up and get on with the semester so she can be ready for her externship (which lasts 15 weeks, well into Fall!). Her sophomore year will not begin until late October if she does return in the fall so she will only have about a 2 week break between freshman and sophomore year. Oh well.

Having had to pay out an additional $4000 in unexpected tuition leaves me a little less than sensitive, but I do love her and want her to succeed so I'm trying really hard to remain upbeat and positive for her. Hopefully she's learned a lesson here, I know I have.

Have a great night~