difficult child's Valentine's Day Surprise!

LittleDudesMom

About two weeks ago difficult child asked if we could stop by our local gourmet candy shop so he could get a little something for his "girlfriend". She's a girl and one of his two best friends, but there's a little more he feels but doesn't act on it anymore after taking her to the movies last year and getting the feeling that "they were just friends". He's kinda resolved to "love from afar" and would rather have her as a friend than nothing at all - cool kid that difficult child of mine.

So this morning as he was putting her candy in his lunchbox to "keep it safe", I told him how nice he looked this morning - it was dress uniform day today for jrotc. He said, "Mom, do we have any plans for tonight?" "No, nothing special", I replied.

He said, "I'm going to call Dad and make a reservation at the restaurant and take you out for dinner tonight and wear my uniform. Is 6:00 ok 'cause I want to be back to watch a program at 8"!!!!!

So, on the one hand, I got a loving invitation from a kid that really has a heart and also got the difficult child glimpse with the 8:00 program comment!

So my Valentine will be dinner with difficult child tonight.

Just wanted to share.....

Sharon
:gifts:

DDD

I am so impressed...and just a little bit jealous, lol. I've raised some loving and kind boys but none have ever associated our relationship with Valentine's Day. How wonderful that dinner will be for you both! Hugs DDD

LittleDudesMom

Thanks ladies - he has a gentle and soft heart for his mom. I got a homemade card and a dinner date! easy child and her best friend met up with us there! It was a nice evening and, as we were having a cocktail in the lounge before dinner, a guy dropped down on his knee and proposed! I've only seen that on TV! For those who are FB friends, I'll post a couple pics from last night.

Sharon