difficult child's when they were little...

S

Signorina

They are adorable. I want to squeeze your little one. I love the joy in his smile!! Good memories

Kathy813

Staff member
LMS, what cutie patooties!! It's hard to believe those little angelic faces could ever turn into difficult children.

I'll have to see if I have any pictures from when mine were little scanned into the computer.

~Kathy

lovemysons

Oh Sig,
I wish you could "squeeze" my little one...wish I could again too. When young difficult child was in elementary, I got him into a mentoring program because I wanted him especially to have as many positive role models in his life as possible. husband and young difficult child are made nothing alike. And, young difficult child is the second son, middle child, so I knew he was more vulnerable and I tried my best to concentrate my efforts oh him. He was a VERY very sweet child...he did have his Bipolar moments, but out of all 3 of my children, young difficult child's heart often shines brightest. He is a very sensitive person and he is a thinker. I so hope in the depths of my being that young difficult child is ready to embrace sobriety. He has much to offer everyone...especially his sweet little family.

Kathy, I would love to see your little girl! I think all of our difficult child's had those "angelic faces" once upon a time. Where so many of them are "now" is so heartbreaking.

LMS

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thank you so much for sharing that photo, yes, you do just want to hug them and kiss those smiling faces.............your little boys are so incredibly cute..................

DammitJanet

I have this theory that little difficult child's were so darned cute as little one's so no one killed them as they were growing up. Cory was so cute and had this little face where he could do this little pout on it that would just about get him out of everything when he was little. He actually has changed the least of all my kids. You can look at his picture at 3 and ID him now. He also looks a whole lot like Keyana. Now Kenzie looks like a combo of Mandy and Jamie...lmao.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
LMS, I cried when I saw your picture. My guys looked full of promise too. As I get older, I find myself remembering the good stuff 95% of the time. It's an interesting phenomenon because I am able to carry a grudge forever. I will have to figure out how to post my favorite picture.

lovemysons

Thank you recovering enabler...

Janet, so true about WHY they are so darned cute! And I know your Cory will always be your "little boy" in your heart because of the way you look out for him. I feel that special way about my young difficult child too.

ThreeShadows...I think about them as little ones ALL of the time now! I see them swinging, swimming, playing football, at elementary school functions, riding dirt bikes...You name it. I look back on those years and often think what a shame so much of their teen yrs/young adult yrs have been "wasted" on drugs/alcohol.
However...If my young difficult child gets out of prison in 2 months and truly TRULY wants to change his life...then maybe all those hard yrs were necessary. One can hope...

Looking forward to seeing your little difficult child's if you have pics to share.
LMS