Dinner Maddness

babyblue31

I want to start off by say I greatful for all your advice although some it may be hard to sollow at times. It's dinner time and he won't eat. And it's funny cause he loves pork chops and rice but won't eat. Does any one have any advice on that.. I am relly not feeling well still. I can't eat if I do I feel like it's going to come back up again. I spent the day on the couch and my house looks like a tornado went through it, But I just don't have the energy or the well power to do it.. Luckly the computers close to the couch not far to go.. I'm fighting off the urge to take a pain pill, but my necks killing me and I think I,m starting to get a migrain.. (ohhhh what fun) I just want to go to bed, but can't do that he's bed times still 3 hours away. My boyfriend finally got out of bed at 4:30 or 5 pm, must be nice.. I,ve been up secne 5:30 am just couldn't get back to sleep after getting up, to get him up for work, which was a waste of my time sence he didn't go to work again...
:headache::ill::sleeping:

tiredmommy

Why is boyfriend sleeping so late? He seems to seriously adding to the problems rather than helping.

As for dinner... put it in the fridge and offer again in half an hour.

Have you read the "Explosive Child" thread at the top of the Early Child forum? I think you need to have some "successes" with your son so as to bring down his opposition. It sounds like he's locked in a negative pattern right now.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hi! If the eating is causing a huge problem, skip it for now. He will not starve. Offer it again. If it is truly causing you and him a horrible night. Let him eat cereal or a sandwich. Sometimes it may be a sensory thing, one night what may be awesome, the next night is horrible!!!
This is kind of based on the Explosive Child thinking... basket C thinking, is it worth the fight and you and him being more miserable?
Good luck... this is kind of like baths and teeth brushing at times in our house!

DammitJanet

Great! I never went through the food battles with mine because mine werent really picky. If it didnt eat them first, they ate it. LOL.