Distress call

Lothlorien

mother in law took a major turn for the worse after chemo/radiation treatment on Monday. She woke up Tuesday morning out of it. father in law took her into the docs at the hospital and next thing he knew, all the emergency calls, doctors and nurses are running and now she's hooked up to every tube and monitor known to man.

husband and I went to the hospital yesterday. It was very unsettling to see her this way.

Docs are postive that she will recover, but be extremely weak. She has pneumonia in both lungs (probably from aspiration) and will need a surgical feeding tube once she's out of the woods. The feeding tube may or may not be temporary as she is unable to swallow properly from the effects of the tumor, cancer and the mini-strokes that effected her vocal cords.

We could really use the power of the CD board right now.
Thanks.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending support and prayers! I hope she is in as little pain as possible and that her wishes are known and followed. I am so sorry that she is so sick. (((((hugs)))))

DDD

You've got my prayers and support. So sorry she is having such a difficult time. Hugs. DDD

Loth,

I've been in a similar situation with my mother in law. Unsettling -- yes. Sending prayers and holding your family in my thoughts.

Jo