Disturbing news about a friend

Andy

Try calling the place of employment and ask for him. "Hello, I am returning a call from ____________. Is he in today?"

The thing with the boys was to alienate them from their mom. Once they left the home, he would have ranted and raved about how her kids are not respecting him and he just can't have her contacting them until they apologize. boyfriend probably made up lies about the boys.

I question if she really did go off willingly? Can the older boys go to the police and report their mom missing under seemingly dangerous circumstances? Have they actually talked to her or is everything from her boyfriend? I think she is in danger and does not approve of what boyfriend is doing to her family. She knows her assets are being targeted. She knows that he will try to get everything through a marriage, that is why she wants the pre-nups.

The sale of the house would all be by mail. Her signature with instructions for money to go into his account.

Have you talked to the dance instructor that supposedly led her to this person? Maybe checking out the dance instructor's background also?

Oh those boys are living a nightmare!

DammitJanet

This sounds incredibly odd. Do google this guys name...especially after you do a SSN check on him to make sure you get all names. Maybe write Dr Phil...lol.

dreamer

how capable is 21 yr old to be caretaker for 14 yr old? especially if 14 is being homeschooled? They are so close in age and being brothes, it could be ---complicated or difficult, what if there were an emergency, and accident or whatever? leaving x number of "treats" can be a ruse, to give a head start......
so 14 is without a parent, and might be without education while mom is off where ever, maybe willingly and maybe not? You said there is no crime really, but, I am not sure if the living arrangement for 14 is criminal or neglectful or not, could be. Hard to know if the mom is a victim of a con or off the deep end, but either way sounds like she is in over her head and NEEDS help badly, one way or another. The man might be tricky enough to make her seem to be neglectful....or make it seem like she is with him willingly.....and if he can make it look like she is with him willingly, it might be harder to intervene, but maybe you could use 14 as a way to puruse tracking her etc......and help get her help she may need, but might not even realize she needs. Possible this man could have meessed with her head so much, by emotional blackmail or head games or even drugs that she may not even realize she is in danger or that her 14 is not in the best of a situation.

How close of a friend are you? Are you close enough, or were you close enough at one time to take the steps that may be needed to get your friend help even if you have to have her pursued under the guise of her "abandoning" her 14?

Sounds VERY bizarre, that is just SO much "changeing" of "core beliefs" in a mother to accept it as being "ok" If she held her kids THAT close to her for so many years, it is so not likely she would suddenly change THAT dramatically and now be so "hands off" HUGE red flag, something is very very wrong.

TerryJ2

I know. I agree.

I thought of contacting the original dance instructor, too, but he isn't honest. He started the dance studio in a condo below/next door to his condo, and the dances were held at night. His wife would go to bed around 10 pm. and awaken at 4 (she's a very early morning person) so she missed out on quite a bit ... so that when she discovered he had met a woman in class, was having an affair, and she was staying upstairs in the B&B they were supposed to be renting, the lid blew off the whole thing.
C. was taking lessons there, and when she found out about the affair, she stopped going there.
Why she thought the Internet contact was okay, when S. was referred by the same instructor who had been keeping his lover right next door is beyond me.
Anyway, I don't think that's the best route to pursue, but I will give it some thought.

Meanwhile, I've got a name and SS# and a former address in another state. I called a friend who used to be a det. but he said he hasn't been doing that for 5 yrs. He referred me to someone else.

TerryJ2

Okay, there are zillions of pp online that charge anywhere from $16.50 - $65 to do a search on an indiv. They ask for my email address and ph #. Now I see why people hire investigators. I don't know if this can be traced back to me.

I mean, if I can see that people are accessing my credit rep't, wouldn't I be able to see if someone is accessing something else? Then again, maybe not.

I don't want to have to pay $16.50 for a criminal rept, then another $16.50 for a bankruptcy rept, ad nauseum, when I know this guy has lived in 2-3 states.

I did a quick check for free and the SS is active in his home state. That's all I could find out for free. Any other ideas?

I should just wait until tomorrow and talk to the det. He wasn't at home so didn't have the referral ph # but I can wait 24 hrs. Sigh.

TerryJ2

Oh, one more thing, the 14-yr-old said his mom bribed him with-a video game if he would be nice the the boyfriend and apologize, etc. The answer was NO. Way To Go!

mom_in_training

You will not be able to find his work history this way but you can possibly get the scoop on any criminal records or civil that could very well lead to other valuable information. Some states but not all have records online, Some will charge and others are free or they only offer the records at their location and not via computer. If you know the guys name and if records do exist go to the county superior court website where this guy lives and search his name. Do you know a police officer that could run a check in the national database? I have not looked up anything but maybe look into skip tracing and see if you can find out some of their tricks as far as getting vital imformation. Sometimes its hard getting the scoop on people due to privacy laws but its not impossible.