Do I dare post something positive? Fear of jinxing, lol.

DDD

What to heck. All I've posted is yucky stuff for the past six weeks or so...time for a change. difficult child#1 (still easy child/difficult child in my heart as you guys know) tells me he quit drinking when I got sick and that he is proud of himself because he hasn't had more than one drink in three weeks. Sure hope that's true. He did tell me that he and his girlfriend usually share a small blunt before bedtime but that's the only smoking going on too.

After thirteen years of pills, pot, mega booze, ridiculous amounts of womanizing, gambling etc. etc. I am "cautiously" optimistic. One thing that has always been consistent is that he loves his "Mama" and doesn't hesitate to share that info with the world. Maybe the fear of losing me has been an eye opener.
on the other hand maybe it is a difficult child fantasy that we are all so familiar with..sigh. Just thought I'd share. DDD

T

TeDo

I hope it is true but I think you are right to have some doubt. Praying that he really has turned things around and that it lasts.

A

AmericanGirl

DDD...great news! Here's hoping it not only continues but expands!!

InsaneCdn

DDD? If your sig is up to date, then he's about 25... and somehow 25 seems to be a magic number for so many difficult children. Brain maturity starts catching up, and their thinking changes... Hoping this is what's going on for your difficult child!!

exhausted

Sending good thoughs your way! I hope he is thinking through life and will get support to stay the course. He is lucky to have you. :)

Kathy813

Staff member
You are certainly due some good news. I am hoping and praying that this is a new start for your easy child/difficult child.

~Kathy

FlowerGarden

It is always a great feeling to hear when one of our difficult children has done something positve. Alot of us haven't been able to "brag" about our difficult children to our friends and families like they do to us about their pcs. Don't ever think about jinxing yourself and not post your news. We delight in hearing about accomplishments! Congrats to your difficult child and I hope he continues to progress in a positive way!

buddy

Hard to imagine but many people do say there are gifts that come from serious health crises. Maybe his maturing brain and a dose of perspective on what is important in life? ??
I hope he can maintain and have a long happy life making memories with you!

I ditto what Flower Garden said. We all love to hear any good news about the board difficult child's. Most of us are in crisis most of the time with our difficult child's that it is very encouraging to hear good news for a change. I am so happy for both you and your difficult child. HUGS...

DammitJanet

I hope this is what turns him around. You know that my health crisis is what I think really put the fear of God in Cory. Personally I dont think a sharing a small blunt at night is gonna kill him. Things could seriously be worse.

Ephchap

I totally agree with what others have said above - that your are certainly due for some good news. Crossing body parts that he truly is doing better!
It's wonderful to hear.

Deb