Do you buy your pets Christmas presents?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, infant toys can be some of the best toys on earth for a dog. (of course you've got to use some common sense) We always have dog owners show up at our yard sale looking for specific types of infant toys for their dogs. One like you describe has been a big hit.

Betsy loves infant toys. Although she knows not to go near any of the grands. But she got some of Aubrey's once she outgrew them and they lasted tons longer than your average dog toy. And Betsy was thrilled with them. Her favorite was one of those vibrating teether toys. I swear she cried when I finally decided it had to go into the trash.

LOL you just gave me my idea for her xmas present. :D

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Strained baby food meats are great for pets, not just for a treat, but if you have a cat or dog that is sick and refusing food, or you need to get medications into them.

Cat-show people feed the stuff during the day at shows. Not only does it keep them from getting hungry, but it avoids the possibility of a nervous cat throwing up from eating high volume food.

Of course, that depends on the cat. We had one get away from us at a show hall and he was found halfway across the hall with his head in a bucket of fried chicken, LoL. She raised Abyssinian cats and our Maine Coon guy weighed 3x what her cats did. She was afraid to touch him.

donna723

Susie, did you know there's another petfood website for cats - www.catfoodanalysis.com - that gives the same information on cat food.

I've had so many dogs over the years that I don't remember which one this was now, but one of them, years ago, had one of the little Sesame Street rubber duckie bath toys (like Bert and Ernie have), and played with it for years! It was much sturdier than most squeaky toys made for dogs. I'm thinking that it was the little Yorkie that we got for my daughter when she was a kid. She wasn't much of a chewer though - a rubber duckie wouldn't last five minutes with the ones I have now - "super jaws"!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
They get new chew toys, balls and their favorite treats - those bacon flavored Chew-Eez! Last year they got new doggie beds, not that it matters because they always end up in ours!

BusynMember

Our kitties get treats and catnip pillows that are handmade and sold to support a local animal shelter. :)
Aw, this is so nice, tiredmom. I may shop at the shelter as well. They had their Christmas garage sale on Saturday, but I couldn't go because daughter had a basketball all day tournament 1 1/2 hours a day. I feel bad that I couldn't go. Maybe I can help give money toward spaying or neutering a pet who has been there way too long...thanks for the suggestion!

KTMom91

Of course! Buddy gets toys, the senior cats get something with catnip, and I haven't decided what to get the panthers.