Do you collect anything odd?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
And most recently, apparently, puppies.

LoL Jo! We did the puppy collecting........well, animal collecting....thing for many years due to Nichole being unable to turn away any stray, or walk thru any shelter without bring one home. Thank goodness I finally got her to see the light.

Although many an animal found new homes while this was going on. And we still can't turn a stray away. Seems like all the strays in the neighborhood know to come here for a free meal. lol

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmmm I also have collections of Gingerbread men, women and houses, Boyds Bunnies and any vintage Liberty Bells

trinityroyal

I almost forgot...Snowmen!

Snowman cookie jar, snow globe, music box, place mats. Heck, even a snowman night light. And a snowman lava lamp that has sparkles embedded in the lava. Without a doubt that is my tackiest (and favourite) one.

Trinity

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I sort of gave up collecting when the boys were old enough to start their own collections, and SO took up collecting as well

I used to collect flamingo's and depression glass - the only thing left I collect is pieces to my Minton China

Danny collects beer bottles (its genetic - he inherited that trait from his father) and soccer shirts. Jamie always keeps the boxes from computer equipment he bought - opening his cupboard you could swear you were at Best Buy.Some of the equipment is long gone, but the boxes (empty) remain - he also collects Disney dvd's. SO, where do I begin. Originally it was dolphin stuff - we actually had the spare room full of various and assundry dolphins till X moved in and they are now residing in the garage - probably about 100 pieces. He has been collecting Yoda stuff - probably has about 1,800 pieces, and thats just what is in the den - there is more in the garage and storage. He also collects books on war, DVD's (almost 1,000 of them), and now since he has been hanging out at the coin shop, he is collecting coins.

X collects newspaper clippings, and newspapers. He also seems to collect Trader Joe's shopping bags. He was going to his storage the other day, opened his trunk, and I swear there were 15 shopping bags full of shopping bags, he says cause you never know when you need a good bag :) Man pays 150.00 a month for storage to store bags and newspapers...sheesh He has a 6' tall bookcase in his room - on it are boxes that contain the books, and more Trader Joe bags.

Now that I am older, I just like bare minimum - I don't wanna have to "dust" stuff I have collected.

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
I collect books. All kinds of books. But esp cookbooks. I LOVE used cookbooks where people have written comments about recipes. I also have several boxes of recipes from estate sales where the family didn't want the handwritten recipes in the recipe box. They are like slices of history. I think that one started with my Gma giving me her recipe box when I was 15. She had stopped cooking and she wanted me to have them.

A couple of years ago we were BROKE for Christmas so I xeroxed Gma's recipes at husband's office (He worked at a Public Information Center for a Superfund site and anyone in the Public could come and make as many copies as the wanted for free - of anything. Part of the rules, but it helped us tremendously.). Then all I had to do was to buy binders for the pages. My family loved them.

I also have an INCREDIBLE collection of cross stitch patterns. I just love them. And I have one of every basic color floss DMC ever made, and many of their specialty flosses, as well as specialty flosses from other companies. And a HUGE stash of cross stitch fabric as well.

I think those are my main collections. As a teen I collected Teddy Bears, but I got rid of almost all of them years ago. I kept one that is dressed as a Jester that I got on a trip to a youth leadership conference, my gold Steiff teddy bear pendant, and the white Valentine's bear that husband had delivered to my work the first Valentine's Day we were together. But that is all I kept of the 200 bears I had.

It is neat to see what everyone else collects!