Do you ever

Wiped Out

Staff member
just want to cover your ears and not hear anything else because you think you just can't take one more thing?

That's how I am feeling right now. I want to hide my head in the sand like an ostrich! I want to run away and say I give up:whiteflag: I give in!

difficult child has continued to do horribly at school with his behavior and, is really not available for learning. We are looking at another possible hospitalization because the depakote isn't working at all and we are possibly looking at an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) setting if that doesn't help. Even if he doesn't, he will be doing 1/2 days at an alternative school in the fall. We are trying new interventions and hoping things will begin to help. We had a huge meeting today and lots of things are going on which is good but it is almost overwhelming. In addition, I have what seems like books of paperwork to fill out. Oh, and we are weaning him off the Depakote because it doesn't seem to be doing anything for him. Sigh

Let's not forget easy child/difficult child who we thought was doing better. It seems she is getting more work in yet we just received her progress reports which is all Ds and Fs. We have spoke with her school counselor, she is also seeing her regular counselor. We are trying to do whatever we can. Her mood around the house has been somewhat better but apparently school is not going so well.

husband just talked to her and she was in tears because she said one teacher said she was doing so much better but on her progress report wrote that she isn't doing anything. She probably has lots of work to make up for when she wasn't doing any and I don't think she is attempting to make up her work-just to stay current.

O.k. sorry for the vent/whine-just needed to get that out-thanks for always listening!

KTMom91

Yes.

Many hugs. Hope things smooth out for difficult child, and that easy child gets the rest of her work in and pulls her grades up.

Tiapet

Old Hand
wiped, I do exactly that, believe it or not! I stick my fingers in my ears and leave them there sometimes right in front of my two younger difficult children! When they are arguing and fighting with each other over the stupidest of things right here in the living room and I've told them to knock it off for the umpteenth time or to go to their rooms or split up, etc. and I know they just won't listen. They yelling and screaming at each other just gets to be way too much! So, I sit here, stick my fingers in my ears and wait. Sometimes they actually stop and quiet down. :) :) Amazingly enough!

Try it sometime and see what happens. At this point, what can it hurt right? LOL

Fran

Former desparate mom
with-O I hear you. One difficult child meeting with all those serious decisions is hard. You're difficult child is still at the age where everyone is in earnest to improve difficult child's behavior. Lots of decisions, lots of stress and a lot of expectations on the parents.
Add difficult child/easy child to the mix and it seems reasonable that you are in over your head.
Hugs.

LittleDudesMom

just want to cover your ears and not hear anything else because you think you just can't take one more thing?

Yes.

Sharon, I hope the team, especially the docs, realize that another hospitalization (given there have already been two in as many months) is not going to cut it. I would think they see intensive therapy, outside the home, and perhaps even a total medication wash is the next step. As difficult as it will be for the family to "loose" one of it's members, it will be best for him and for the rest of you as well (and it will be temporary). Hang in there - don't even think about alternative school next year, think about how he is going to make it through today. This is a crisis and should be handled as such by those on this team.

Lots and lots of hugs,
Sharon

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Sharon--

((((hugs))))

So sorry that you are having a tough time.

Yes, I sometimes need everything just to stop for a while. I don't know why we never seem to get a break...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh yeaaah! And some days I do just that... I hide in my little corner with a book and tune everything out. Or like last night, I laid down at 4:30 to take a short nap and ended up sleeping until 7!

I'm sorry to hear the Depakote didn't work out for difficult child. :( Is anything else being added while he weans off it? I sure hope so!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, honey I do at least 3x a week. The meetings, decisions, staffing issues, school behaviors, etc, etc, etc. :talkhand: You can & will make it through all the meetings & such; if you need my rhino skin for a bit please let me know; I can fedex it overnight. ;)

You are one of the most dedicated warrior mums
:warrior:I know. You go girl!:cheerleader:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Mary-Thanks for the hugs and good thoughts.

Tiapet-Thanks-I may have to try it!

Fran-Thanks for the hugs-they are much appreciated.

Sharon-Thanks for the good advice. I agree at this point more is needed. However, it looks like we will end up trying this last hospitalization and if it doesn't work out than trying to get him accepted into a Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

CM-I hear you about the long drive-it's one of husband's things he does to relieve stress as well.

DaisyFace-Thank you for the good thoughts-why is it we never get that break?

Gvcmom-Right now I feel like I could sleep for days... They are not replacing the Depakote with anything right now. I think they plan to do that in the next hospitalization.

Linda-Thanks for the vote of confidence! Tomorrow I plan to work on all the paper work-tonight I'm going to go to bed early.

flutterby

Fly away!
Do you ever just want to cover your ears and not hear anything else because you think you just can't take one more thing?

That's how I am feeling right now. I want to hide my head in the sand like an ostrich! I want to run away and say I give up:whiteflag: I give in!

Yes. That's how I've been feeling for a while now. I've told my mom often and as recently as today that I quit. I just can't do this anymore. Thing is, I don't know who to whom to give my letter of resignation.:capitulate:

EW says she's going to have more room soon. Maybe you and I should go fill in that space. :D

klmno

Yes. ((HUGS)) I'm not full of positive thoughts in general right now but wanted you to know that I am behind you and support your efforts.

M

ML

actually I do this a lot, it's my most preferred coping mechanism. I sort of shut down and zone out due to sensory overload. It really does get to be more than one can handle at times.

I

indeeptrouble

Yep, I have gone to the bathroom, turned on the water, stuck my hands over my ears and hummed to myself. My preferred method now is playing computer games.