Do you have a good cocktail meatball recipe I can make in a slow cooker?

Mattsmom277

I'm looking for a good cocktail meatball recipe to throw in the slow cooker for new years eve. I am finding many online but most combine pineapple chunks and grape jelly. I'm trying to really minimize sugar, obviously there will be some since I'm looking for a sweet and sour type recipe. Thought Id pick your brains in case any of you have a good recipe on hand that might work. I'm using frozen meatballs but very good quality (sirloin). It will be something we will self serve and eat with toothpicks type thing, hot from the slow cooker.

KTMom91

Sweet and Sour Sauce:

1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
1 bottle of water (use chili sauce bottle)
1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/4 c. red wine (optional)

Mix together ingredients for sweet & sour sauce in a sauce pan and simmer until well blended.

Pour sweet and sour sauce over meatballs. Bake 2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees turning meatballs every half hour.

Meatballs can be kept warm in a slow cooker or a crock pot.

KTMom91

SWEET - SOUR SAUCE:

1 (15 oz.) can whole tomatoes, cut up
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 sm. onion, minced
8 to 10 ginger snaps, crushed
Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Combine all sweet-sour ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, simmer until ginger snaps are dissolved. Add meatballs and heat through.

KTMom91

SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE FOR MEATBALLS
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. sherry
1/4 c. catsup
2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in
1/2 c. pineapple juice

Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I go the easiest way ... I just put frozen meatballs in the crockpot and cover them with two bottles of marinade (I've been partial to Ken's Honey Teryaki lately, but you could pick any flavor that suits you). I take one of the empty bottles, fill it about 1/3 of the way with water and shake (to get the extra marinade out), and pour that in, too. Cook for 3-4 hours on high and done.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have one that uses no-sugar grape jelly!

Throw meatballs, 1 bottle bbq sauce (I like the honey flavor for this), about 2 cups of water and 1 small jar no-sugar grape jelly in crock pot. Stir. Cook all day.

DDD

I used 50/50 Coctail Sauce and grape jelly. Some people add sauteed onions. It's easy and popular. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
This is my favorite meatball recipe. It's similar to Mary's, with fewer ingredients:

http://ultimatepartymeatballs.com/recipes/ultimate_party_meatballs.aspx

Ultimate Party Meatballs

recipe_ingredients.jpg

• 1 14-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
  • 1 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce (can also use tomato sauce instead)
  • 1 2-pound bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs
recipe_directions.jpg

Combine sauces in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Add meatballs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
Makes 30 appetizer servings.

Slow cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a slow cooker. Combine sauces and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH.

M

ML

50/50 grape jelly and chili sauce. Yum. That is what I am bringing to the NYE party tomorrow night.

H

HaoZi

We tried this with little smokies, but I think it would work for your meatballs. 3 parts Honey BBQ sauce to 1 part A1 Sauce. It's sweet, then tangy, then has a kick at the end.