Do your kids liked to be touched , cuddles , given massages ?

Allan-Matlem

Hi,

It seems that we can all benefit from cuddles and massages - maybe not kids who have sensory problems and don't liked to be touched . It leads to us being more cooperative and trusting. maybe if we spend some time letting our kids give as massages and we in return doing the same , things will improve

Allan

flutterby

Fly away!
My daughter doesn't like to be touched. However, when she is melting down or having a panic attack I rub her back and it seems to bring her back to reality. That is all she will let me do, though.

She doesn't like to touch other people either, so when she spontaneously gave me a hug a few weeks ago I savored it.

She has some sensory issues, but I don't think that is what the "not touching" is about. She was very affectionate when she was younger.

M

ML

Mine tends to be more sensory seeking than avoiding therefore he loves the brushing, light touch, back scratches, all of it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When they were little they loved massages, cuddling, stroking or tickling their backs at bedtime with my nails, they found it soothing and relaxing. difficult child still does. Sometimes she will ask me to lotion her back for her and she still will give or come in for hugs - she's a bit mushy. But easy child hates being touched, hugged, everything. She just gets all skeeved out and jumpy. She's always had very strong sensory issues.